About Command Alkon
Command Alkon is bringing innovative technologies and systems to the concrete, asphalt and building materials industry globally. Our technology helps our customers improve the efficiency and quality of the foundation of where we live, work and play. What we do best is combine next-gen technologies with over 40 years of industry expertise. We are not a “here today; gone tomorrow” software company, we will be here for a long time and a good foundation for your career…. like concrete.
Here's What You’ll Do:
- Provide installation, support, software and hardware update services for COMMANDbatch, the premier concrete plant automation system in the world with over 13,500 installations.
- As an installer, you are responsible for leading the job of tracing and terminating electrical wiring connections to control plant equipment or sensors (24vDC, 110 VAC), testing and ensuring that the right material is delivered when called for by the computer. This can be especially challenging when replacing old equipment with legacy wiring.
- During installations, you may have to troubleshoot electronic controls such as blending valves or admixture systems. Analog sensors including temperature, level, or moisture outputting 4-20mA or 0-10vDC must be connected and tested.
- COMMANDbatch has a variety of hardware used to interconnect the plant electrical systems to the control software. You will be trained to understand all of these systems so you can diagnose issues as they arise at production sites.
- When working at our corporate office, be fully engaged in telephone and remote diagnostic support, providing time critical services which includes, but are not limited to, troubleshooting plant electrical, mechanical, production/productivity, or data reporting issues.
- A modern plant automation system, the COMMANDbatch runs on PCs using the Microsoft Windows© operating systems along with proprietary software developed by Command Alkon. This proprietary software is very complex and is integrated with other Command Alkon or 3rd party business or controls systems using file transfer/sharing, TCP/IP networking, Modbus TCP, Ethernet/IP and so forth. As an COMMANDbatch support technician, you will diagnose and correct breakdowns in these integrated systems and/or automated process.
- Provide after hours and on-call customer support on a scheduled basis.
- You will need to travel 30% to 60% of the time.
Who you are:
- You have a technical degree or equivalent in the electronic, electrical and/or computer field. You can use digital voltmeter to measure both AC and low-level DC voltages and currents.
- You recognize how systems or things connect end-to-end to transform an input to an output, and can quickly isolate based on what you hear or see where the problem most likely is.
- You never accept that things “just happen“ and move on.
- You are a people person and have a servant`s heart.
- Experience in industrial automation / control system construction, installation, or service is a plus.
- Background/understanding of computer network (Ethernet) both at a hardware and software level.
- Electrical Skills. Certifications are a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent communication and time management skills and a positive attitude are musts.
- You like to train customers on how to use innovative software to help their business.
- You like a challenge and work well under pressure.
Why work for Command Alkon?
Command Alkon, voted one of Birmingham’s Best Places to Work in 2016, 2017 and 2018, is the global leader for over 40 years in integrated technology solutions for the concrete and heavy building materials industry because of the committed relationship we have with our employees and our customers. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Command Alkon has over 600 employees worldwide with offices in Kansas, Ohio, Illinois, Utah, Malaysia, Brazil, Canada, England, France, India and the Netherlands.
For more information about us and our products, visit http://www.commandalkon.com.
Command Alkon strives to be an employer of choice, offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Casual dress code
- Generous family medical and dental insurance plans
- Company-paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) Matching Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free soft drinks and hot beverages
Find out more at http://www.commandalkon.com/careers/
Command Alkon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.