About Command Alkon
Command Alkon is bringing innovative technologies and systems to the concrete, asphalt and building materials industry globally. Our technology helps our customers improve the efficiency and quality of the foundation of where we live, work and play. What we do best is combine next-gen technologies with over 40 years of industry expertise. We are not a “here today; gone tomorrow” software company, we will be here for a long time and a good foundation for your career…. like concrete.
The Field Service Engineer will work with our customers to ensure our new truck based concrete quality systems are installed properly. Will test equipment to ensure it is operating properly and communicating with other Command Alkon Inc. software products. Must be able to effectively communicate how the system is installed, troubleshooting techniques and train end users.
What You'll Do
- Manage all onsite installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Provide service and customer support both in the field and on the phone. Some support will be after hours
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
- Documents the functional and, sometimes, technical design of the system
- Helps test the system and create system documentation and user manuals
- Coordinate and setup driver training classes
- Train end users on best practices maintaining consistency across users
Who You Are
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with internal cross-functional teams and external customer teams in a variety of domestic and international offices across all levels of the organizations
- Reliable, dependable, and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Customer Service mindset
What You'll Bring
- Thorough understanding of the principles of concrete quality control
- Experience teaching technical material in a classroom as well as conference setting
- A minimum of two years of experience of software training and training coordination working in a professional services environment
- 5 years of experience in the ready-mix industry, familiar with concrete production processes preferred
- Up to 75% travel, as needed
Why work for Command Alkon?
Command Alkon, voted one of Birmingham’s Best Places to Work in 2016, 2017 and 2018, is the global leader for over 40 years in integrated technology solutions for the concrete and heavy building materials industry because of the committed relationship we have with our employees and our customers. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Command Alkon has over 600 employees worldwide with offices in Kansas, Ohio, Illinois, Utah, Malaysia, Brazil, Canada, England, France, India and the Netherlands.
For more information about us and our products, visit http://www.commandalkon.com.
Command Alkon strives to be an employer of choice, offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Casual dress code
- Generous family medical and dental insurance plans
- Company-paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) Matching Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free soft drinks and hot beverages
Find out more at http://www.commandalkon.com/careers/
Command Alkon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.