CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
This position requires Industrial or Distribution Experience
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Pay Rate: $45,000 per year
The Customer Service Rep (CSR) is responsible for developing sales and profits by making regular contact with current customers and prospective customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
· Developing sales and profits through regular contact with current accounts and customer prospects.
· Supplying product information to customers and promoting sales.
· Reviewing customer requests and providing valid quotes.
· Processing customer orders.
· Promoting the customers’ use of proprietary vendor managed inventory program;
· Reviewing and adjusting purchase order pricing according to branch marginal goals;
· Reviewing and expediting open orders.
· Working with Quality Control department on approvals and rejected product;
· Coordinating the resolution of customer issues.
· Assisting in the draft and presentation of the “Continuous Improvement Review” with customers.
· Follow through on any assignments from the manager for customer growth and development.
· Maintain compliance with company Business Management System (ISO).
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Military Veteran or Family Member preferred but not required.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· 3+ years’ experience in an industrial customer service role
· High attention to detail, e.g., in utilizing computer software, in self-monitoring the completion of daily tasks, and in customer follow-through
· Professional demeanor and appearance
· Excellent verbal and oral communication, e.g., in discussing part specifications with the customer
· Accountability in problem solving; initiative in resolving customer issues
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word; ability to become proficient in Company integrated database systems
· Availability to work overtime as needed
· Knowledge of fastener standards is a plus