Prier Construction was founded in 2001 and is a family-owned commercial construction firm based in Birmingham, AL. Their core operations consist of commercial projects in retail, food service, light industrial, office, rehabilitation work, and other private work. Prier Construction has a culture that aims to glorify God by impacting the lives of all who come in contact with their team. Prier differentiates themselves by being relationally driven where the customer and vendor experiences truly matter. A long-term relationship for Prier is highly valued over solely being focused on projects. Join a team that values people, integrity, character, and quality work.
A Superintendent with Prier Construction has a unique opportunity to have a direct fingerprint on commercial construction projects all over Birmingham. This person will effectively run all construction operations on commercial construction projects in Birmingham. This person will be expected to live out the Prier purpose and values through caring for, growing, and leading teams and relationships well.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively partner with Project Managers to supervise and coordinate management of construction projects
- Advocate safety as a primary priority on the job-site and enforce safety plans and regulations
- Supervises and coordinates subcontractor activity on the job-site
- Manage and lead all construction operations on a job-site
- Develop and implement schedules and production plans
- Use Procore software to track and report job activity
- Manage relationships with Prier clients, employees, subcontractors, and vendors
- Manage expectations to ensure timelines within projects are accurate and understood by customers
- 5+ years of commercial construction experience
- Current knowledge of relevant local, state, and federal safety regulations, including OSHA
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings
- Prior background in high-end retail, food service, and light industrial commercial projects a plus
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate to management, owners, and subcontractors
- Ability to learn systems and processes quickly
- Prior track record of leading teams and projects
- Experience utilizing Procore a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.