Heavy Truck Mechanic - Biloxi, MS
19010848 Requisition #
EqualOpportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Expert Mechanic + the Leader in the Waste Industry =A Winning Team!
7 Reasons Why YOU Should Join WM:
Exceptional Pay Between $20 - $25 depending on experience
- Exceptional Benefits: each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days (site benefits may vary.)
- Competitive Pay (to include a great Shift Differential for 2nd shift and 3rd shift.)
- $250 quarterly tool allowance (1k annually)
- Ongoing technical training from WM & external vendors
- Company paid uniforms, PPE & boot allowance
- Local & nationwide growth opportunities (growth progression Technician - Sr. technician - Fleet Supervisor - Fleet Manager)
ALL =BIG rewards, APPLY TODAY, we have a career homefor your technical talents.
2nd Shift (starts between 2PM & 11PM)Monday to Friday and rotated Saturdays, 40+ hours per week. Must beflexible to work overtime as required.
Education and Experience:
No Education requirements
Two (2) or more years of heavy truckrepair, (to include airbrakes, hydraulics, diagnostics, and electrical repair)
MUST be flexible to travel fortraining for two weeks at the WM Florida Training Center within your first 30to 60 days of employment.
Look forward to using your expertisein this manner:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Certificates, Licenses,Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid drivers license and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 15 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often