At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Engineering is looking for a Transmission Line Designer II to join our growing and nationally ranked team of Power Delivery professionals.
The successful candidate will be a part of a team that provides designer support for large and small scale Transmission engineering projects. This is an excellent growth opportunity for a self-directed individual who wants to learn and take on new challenges.
In the role of Transmission Designer II, we'll count on you to:
- Work independently to perform transmission design tasks, CADD design, develop design drawings and documents, perform PLS-CADD modeling and/or analysis, prepare material lists, perform field reviews, and other tasks for simple projects.
- Prepare transmission related drawings such as plan and profile drawings, structural details, foundation details, and other engineering drawings.
- Perform calculations, reports and designs on transmission line design projects to support engineers.
- Understand client standards and complete small projects and simple to moderately complex tasks, exercising judgment in design criteria, evaluation, and design, subject to review by engineers.
- Communicate with Project Managers and Project Engineers.
- Based upon experience, can perform most design responsibilities without assistance on simple projects, and may work independently, but with some engineering guidance on moderately complex projects.
- Communicate with Project Managers, Project Engineers, and client personnel.
- Associates or technical school degree or combination of education and relevant experience.
- 5 years of experience developing CADD layouts/designs from engineering designs.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and MicroStation or Inroads etc.
- Experience with PLS-CADD transmission line modeling software
- Ability to be a lead technician, train junior designers, and work closely with engineering staff.
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and organizational skills.
- Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.