To continue our solid growth, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associate to join our growing organization. This position will be part of our Accelerator Laboratory Services team. In this role, you will be developing, optimizing and troubleshooting new biomarker assays for Quanterix's proprietary Simoa technology.
- Apply your laboratory skills and experience to generate high quality data in support of a diversity of projects, which will include both immunoassay development and validation as well as testing and analysis of clinical samples using commercial kits.
- Take responsibility for specimen processing, developing and running Simoa assays, analysis and interpretation of data, and writing in-depth reports. This is a customer facing position that will also require interaction with clients to develop assays, review results and address technical questions.
- Adheres to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and documenting results.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- You must be detail oriented, and have excellent organizational, record keeping and communication skills.
- Embody a strong work ethic to generate high quality data under tight deadlines and a collaborative and proactive attitude is a must.
Minimum Experience and Education:
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Life Sciences
- At least 1-3 years of experience in immunoassay development preferred
- Desired experience includes ELISA development and optimization, assay protocol optimization and validation
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: conjugation chemistry, e.g. conjugating antibodies to solid surfaces (microbeads), biotinylation, process improvement techniques
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with critical eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills critical for ability to manage multiple projects
Quanterix is a company that’s digitizing biomarker analysis with the goal of advancing the science of precision health. The company’s digital health solution, Simoa, has the potential to change the way in which healthcare is provided today by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, cardiology, inflammation and infectious disease. The company was established in 2007 and is located in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.
Quanterix is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, a flexible spending plan, paid vacation, stock options and a 401(k) investment plan.