Lead Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for developing and driving proactive global sourcing strategies for all assigned commodities, across multiple sites, in order to achieve all fulfilment, quality, productivity, cost out, cash and inventory commitments to the business.
In the role of Lead Sourcing Specialist, you will:
- Lead the development and execution of the global commodity strategy, including new supplier agreements and optimization of existing agreements.
- Own supplier negotiations and ensure contacts are effective and structured to achieve desired outcomes/ results.
- Vendor managed inventory (VMI), Consignment, Socking Programs and Min Order Quantity Strategy
- Supplier payment term improvements, aligned with business standards and cash goals
- Overall Cost & Lead Time Reductions
- Collaborate with cross-functional team, including Engineering, Product Line, Quality, Materials, and Supply Chain, to maximize impact and supplier utilization.
- Drive increased supplier accountability for OTD and Quality performance, as well as productivity
- Develop alternate sources and/or risk mitigation plans for single & sole source suppliers
- Support business in supplier selection, development, and management of relationship
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated experience in Sourcing, Materials or Global Supply Chain
- Travel up to 20%of the time, as required
- Strong financial / quantitative, analytical skills, data driven
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint), Tableau.
- Experience in supplier development
- Commodity / FX Risk Management Experience
- Highly motivated / results / metrics driven with a desire to learn and grow in sourcing / supply chain
- Demonstrated negotiation and contract management skills, as well as ability to leverage data to prioritize
- Capable of challenging the status quo, driving process improvements, direct material productivity and cost out.
- OMLP or ASPIRE graduate (Applicable to Internal candidates)
- Billerica, MA or Shannon, Ireland
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more