Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Berkeley Point Capital is the preeminent source of capital solutions for multifamily owners and operators. With a nationwide presence and unparalleled expertise, Berkeley Point boasts a 30+ year history and a servicing portfolio of $58 billion representing in excess of 3,400 loans in 49 states. A top five Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Lender in 2017, Berkeley Point offers a full complement of GSE, FHA, Life Company and Conduit products paired with extensive multifamily, affordable, student, seniors housing and healthcare expertise. This extensive and diverse national platform provides clients with superior execution in every market across the country. Berkeley Point is owned by Newmark Group, Inc., which is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "NMRK". Newmark Group, Inc. is a publicly traded subsidiary of BGC Partners, Inc. (BGC), a leading global brokerage company servicing the financial and real estate markets. BGC's common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol "BGCP".
Essential Job Duties:
We are seeking an Underwriter with 3+ years of commercial underwriting experience with large loans -- GSE multifamily experience is preferred. The Underwriter's primary responsibilities will be to provide day-to-day financial, market, and underwriting analysis of multifamily loans. This is an excellent opportunity to be thoroughly educated about the underwriting of multifamily mortgages, to have extensive contact with our clients, and to train under the premier programs (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac). This position affords the opportunity to work closely with our Senior Credit team and Originators on the structuring and underwriting of transactions. The position requires prior DUS underwriting experience with extensive familiarity of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Multifamily Guides.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Real Estate, or other related fields
- 3-5+ years commercial underwriting experience with large loans -- GSE multifamily experience
- Prior DUS underwriting experience with extensive familiarity of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Multifamily Guides
- Analyze, interpret, and underwrite complex multifamily real estate transactions in compliance with respective agency guidelines (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac)
- Conduct detailed economic and demographic research to determine feasibility of transactions
- Prepare and present comprehensive loan approval package to credit committee
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with origination and closing departments and external agency investors
- Conduct comprehensive inspections of physical real-estate assets on an as-needed basis
- Highly developed analytical, research and written/oral presentation skills
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule
- Ability to work productively under minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in EXCEL and Word
- Strong work ethic
- Proactive team player, able to work effectively under sometimes stressful conditions
- Able to travel a minimum of 10-20%
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.