Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 12,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With nearly $8 billion in completed transactions, over 3.5 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We're looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Data Warehousing Manager is responsible for the technical design, maintenance, and operations of the LSI analytics support environment. They will ensure that the capabilities delivered are in alignment with industry best practices for data warehousing and analytics systems. They will provide technical leadership, interact directly with key stakeholders, and provide oversite to database development team. This role requires a working a manager who is capable of synthesizing functional requirements and turning them into robust decision support systems.
- Direct all activities of the database development team and manage relationships with peer organizations (DevOps, Quality Assurance, Product Management, Database administration, and Development)
- Support the development of Liquidity Services' product roadmap, led by Product Management
- Establish software team goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Provide technical direction and standards for the development of analytics systems and their associated ETL processes, in conjunction with the Database Administration, Infrastructure, and Marketing Analytics teams
- Design and maintenance of enterprise wide data warehouse/marts
- Communicates regularly with the Marketing and Sales analytics teams to ensure capabilities meet the operational business need
- Proactively identify and manage technical risk in the analytics environment
- Ensure operational integrity of the data stored in the data warehouse(s)
- Four-year degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred
- 5-8+ years of professional database development experience in a multi-vendor environment
- Expert level knowledge of data warehouse design, ETL processes, and reporting
- Familiarity with cloud-based analytics support technologies including data lakes, Big Query, Google Analytics, and noSQL data stores are all pluses
- Experience working with cross-functional teams preferred
- Experience in an ecommerce/SASS based product company is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Expert level knowledge of MS SSAS is required
- Extensive experience with SSIS for ETL is required
- MS SQL Server, T-SQL, query optimization tools and techniques, and relational database design
- MySQL, AWS, and Azure data services are all pluses
- Data interchange via REST web services
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve delivery risks
- Capable of clearly translating business requirements into systems design
- Ability to inspire, lead, and hold a geographically dispersed team accountable
- Can strike a healthy balance between operational support of legacy systems and technical innovation
Liquidity Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.