Concentric Methods is seeking a Research Nurse to join our team in Bethesda, MD in support of the NIH.
- Recruits and screens patients for inclusion in protocols and clinical trials.
- Screen patients for the projects, which focus on children with anxiety disorders, a behavioral inhibited temperament, major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder or extremely severe, impairing irritability and their families; conduct structured and semi-structured interviews with probands, and parents and siblings of probands; provide clinical support to patients and families throughout the time that they are participating in research protocols
- Conduct frequent assessments to monitor the participants progress and the effectiveness of therapeutic protocols
- Participate in research group meetings and in the decision-making process regarding patient inclusion in the studies, patient and parent diagnosis, and patient and family management throughout participation in the research protocol
- Participate in preparation of documents and protocols for Institutional Review Board IRB review
- Performs assessments and physicals, and collects medical histories.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of a subject for participation in brain imaging research; conduct a clinical assessment concerning the degree to which a child, adolescent, or adult meets safety criteria for entering a magnetic resonance imaging MRI environment
- Administers protocol consents and documentation and monitors compliance.
- Conduct accurate preliminary evaluation of potential probands through extensive telephone interviewing of parent, review of medical records, consultation with treating professionals, and consultation with NIMH medical staff, leading to acceptance for on-site evaluation or rejection with referral if indicated
- Performs data input and management.
- Document research and clinical findings
- Participate in collection, storage, and analysis of data regarding neuropsychological function and the life course of illness in patients as ascertained by testing and interviews with proband and family members
- Performs clinical data interpretation and evaluates and interprets protocol and clinical trial findings.
- Make recommendations for appropriate referrals, including Child Protective Services, psychotherapy, community services involvement, special education, or activity programs
- Locate, evaluate and maintain contact with community organizations and facilities such as day treatment centers, clinics, etc
- Administer and score a wide range of complex structured and semi-structured interviews such as the SCID, the K-SADS and many others to the child and adolescent probands and the parents of the probands
- Participates in training and mentoring new staff.
- Mentor health care members in the execution of trials and resolution of logistical constraints and update team members of changing directions in study implementation
- Develops new research protocols
- Design, implement and evaluate complex protocols and manage challenging patient populations and assist with document preparations and processes
- Utilize established resources to design new study methods to meet research study objectives
- Work with staff on drafting of new protocol amendments and associated documents by providing editorial support and expert opinion