Description:The Manager, Social Impact Programs, is responsible for developing stakeholder engagements and partnerships that maximize Lockheed Martin's abilities to deliver positive social impact and align key business priorities to corporate giving programs. The individual will be responsible for prioritizing social impact opportunities, in particular with science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) partnerships and programs. Other key responsibilities include supporting internal governance groups chartered to oversee charitable contributions andmanaging performance measures to inform senior executives. This position also assists in leveraging internal and external communications channels to increase awareness and understanding of social impact outcomes.
Specific duties include:
- Develop and implement strategy for military and veteran outreach and other focus areas as assigned
- Research and analyze grant requests for partnerships, make funding recommendations, and interact with non-profit organizations
- Develop communications plans for projects and oversee events and programs.
- Engage Business Area community relations and internal partners in strategy development and outreach activities to ensure integration and alignment
- Coordinate internal and external coverage that highlights Lockheed Martin's STEM education support, and commitment to our communities
- Represent the corporation with external STEM education and organizations seeking social impact partnerships
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers and constituent colleagues to provide Director of Social Impact and staff with situational awareness, background, and counsel on relevant issues, and maintain strong relationships with partners.
- Participate in meetings with internal and external organizations as directed by the Director of Social Impact tracking action items, establishing deadlines for follow up and ensuring closure
- Coordinate and maintain Social Impact organization status reports, weekly inputs, Quarterly Functional Reporting.
- Support the Director of Social Impact in the creation of executive messaging and briefing to include presentation content development and refinement, review with stakeholders, legal review, and coordinating collateral material.
All duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategy-based community relations plans and initiatives.
- Strong program management skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with military/veteran community outreach and support programs
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of employees and leadership
- Motivated self-starter who performs without appreciable direction
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work well under time constraints, multi-task and prioritize with a varied and heavy workload
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- A minimum of 15 years of related experience of 13 years with a related Masters degree
Knowledge of tax and legal requirements associated with corporate philanthropy
- Understanding of financial management, budgeting, reconciliation, Patriot Act and compliance
- Familiar with military and veteran causes
- Established network of philanthropy professionals
- Agile mindset that can operate from strategic to tactical
- Demonstrated experience in working across functional and program organizations, and with multiple business areas