Help Desk Specialist
Location: Bethesda, MD
GRSi, a Maryland Tech Council Top5 Technology Company in Maryland is experiencing industry leading growth, recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the country for 6 years, and led by Maryland’s 2019 CEO of the Year. As part of our growth, we are searching for a dynamic and customer service focused Help Desk Specialist to provide leading edge desktop support solutions world renowned healthcare and research organizations in the Washington, DC metro area, and around the world. This position is based in Bethesda, MD.
Job Description: Responsible for the following functions:
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents related to hardware, software (COTS, GOTS, custom), web sites, instrument controllers, VoIP systems, and conference room equipment.
- Follow relevant procedures to resolve incidents and fulfill requests within agreed upon service level agreements (SLAs).
- Provide outstanding customer service both at desk-side and via remote tools such as Bomgar, Cisco Jabber, Microsoft Lync, and Windows Remote Control.
- Support secure operations by maintaining anti-virus and endpoint security applications and remediating vulnerabilities, security violations, and incidents within designated time constraints.
- Assist with systems administration, troubleshooting, and resolutions.
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory for desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
- Ensure compliance with all security and operational policies and procedures, including the United States Government Configuration Baseline.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting desktop system, printer and operating problems
- Consulting and instructing users on hardware and software questions/issues
- Collaborate with Infrastructure Systems Operations team
- Install, maintain and upgrade equipment and its associated infrastructure
- Runs diagnostic tests to isolate system problems and make recommendations for potential solutions for:
- Operating Systems OS-X
- MS Office ( Mac) software
- Mac imaging solutions and ability to create Mac images
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems
- Responds to telephone calls, email and dispatched requests for technical support
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution
- Installs, configure and maintain Mac, peripherals (local and network printers, scanners), and other end user equipment such as iPhones and iPads
- A Level II Support Technician to serve as a project lead and break/fix technician for a wide variety of user technologies.
- Familiarity with the following Operating Systems preferred
- OS X El Capitan (version 10.11) macOS), Apple Inc.'s desktop and server operating system for Macintosh computers.
- OS X Yosemite
Required Experience/Qualifications: - Associates degree from an accredited institute in a relevant discipline (information systems, computer science or engineering, etc).
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience.
- Professional experience troubleshooting Windows, Mac, and/or Linux OS and supporting client configuration, and network access in a Microsoft environment.
- Hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, and use of a wide range of COTS (Commercial Off-The Shelf) desktop software and hardware in a networked environment.
- Experience with enterprise level ticketing systems such as ServiceNow, Remedy, etc. and remote support tools (Windows Remote Control, MS Lync, Cisco Jabber, Bomgar).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear, easy-to-understand manner with various levels of users and in face-to-face interactions as well as in writing.
- One or more of the following certifications: A+, Network+, Security +, Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP), ITIL v3 Foundation.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Desired Experience/Qualifications: - Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience supporting a hospital/clinical research laboratory environment
- Experience using ServiceNow for incident management, problem management, and request fulfillment.
- One or more OS-related vendor certifications (Apple, Linux, Microsoft).
- Systems administration experience.
- Experience supporting enterprise level environments on a 24x7 basis.
- Experience supporting Scientific Instrument Controllers.
- Experience supporting a Hospital environment.
Desired Certifications: - Customer Service Representative, Support Center Analyst, Desktop Support Technician, or Technical Support Professional.
- ITIL Practitioner, ITIL Service Manager, Apple Certified Macintosh Technician, Apple Certified Support Professional, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security +, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician, HDI Desktop Support Manager, HDI Service Manager, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 7 and/or 8, Microsoft Certified Solutions Engineer (MCSE)
The Company:Innovation, Collaboration and Agility - at GRSi these aren't buzz words, they're our mantra.
GRSi is an ISO certified and CMMI/dev-ML3 rated professional services organization with expertise that covers all areas of information technology and professional engineering services -- from systems integration; Agile, Iterative and Waterfall software development; multi-tier infrastructure support; to full spectrum cyber security and enterprise systems support. Regardless of the program or the task, the excellence of GRSi is all about the people. Our greatest asset is our ability to attract and retain highly qualified professionals and our record growth this past year means new opportunity.
GRSi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition) citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability status, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*2020 – Top 5 Gov’t Contractor, MD Tech Council, 4th year*
*2020 – Inc Magazine Fastest Growing Companies, 6th year*
*2020 – G2Xchange NXT UP Federal Emerging Technology and Consulting Firms*
*2019 – MD Tech Council CEO of the Year*
*ISO 9001:2015, 20000:2018 & 27001:2013 Certified / CMMI-ML3 Appraised*