Financial Planning Analyst - Technology
Total Wine & More
About the Role
We are looking for a Financial Planning Analyst supporting our Information / Digital Technology groups. You will work in our Bethesda, Maryland headquarters. You will work with our Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and the Chief Digital Officer (CDO) with annual budget process, operating views, monthly forecast and month end close analysis. You will assist IT leaders to make the right strategic decisions to achieve financial goals. Internally, you will be called Sr. Financial Analyst and report to the VP of Financial Planning & Analysis with a dotted line to the CDO & CTO.
- Prepare monthly analytics and cost/benefit analysis on our current models for delivery, shipping, and pick-up channels. Including any potential future models or changes
- Develop finance models, prepare “lease vs. buy“ analyses and determine the most efficient use of capital
- Support the development and calculations of the business case including MIRR. Monitor spending commitments to ensure compliance with approved spending levels. Perform post-completion reviews of major projects.
- Be a liaison between IT Team and other corporate areas such as Accounting and Procurement to promote corporate wide guidelines (e.g. ensure use of software for capitalization vs. expense)
- Review contracts and SOWs for financial effects, terms and conditions
- Review Capex Approval Request and track capital expenditure spending by Internal Project Code
- Ensure internal labor used for capital projects is tracked, approved and reported
- Work with Fixed Assets to ensure proper JE booking for payments
- Play a role on annual tax credit exercise for R&D related project activities
- Assist IT/Digital Leadership team in creating Purchase Requisitions (PR's) and performing Goods Receipts or Service Entries within accounting software
You will come with
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance
- 3+ years of Accounting / Finance / FP&A experience, knowledge of US GAAP accounting
- Experience providing financial support to the CTO/CDO, IT and Digital organizations
- Experience performing financial analytics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (able to create advanced Macros in Excel), Access, PowerPoint and Word
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More.Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.