Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
This is a challenging position for a Database Developer/Administrator (DBA) to work on a new, high-profile, large scale application with users in 50+ organizations across the federal government. This candidate will work with a team of software developers to specify, design, develop, test and deploy the final system using MySQL in AWS RDS. Development will take place in an iterative fashion using scrum techniques with input from multiple stakeholders. The candidate will use flexibility and technical skills. The work will be done in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders. The resource will communicate with team leads and senior leadership and rapidly adjust direction in support of new and/or changing requirements. This effort will include a variety of activities, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting in designing, developing, testing and deploying data models and databases for the end-state system
- Assisting in architecting, developing and maintaining databases for development, test, training and production environments across multiple classification fabrics for the final enterprise system
- Working with development team and enterprise service provider partners to implement security features such as access control, role separation, audit and logging, and system monitoring
- Participating in iterative software development teams with adherence to all reporting requirements
- Meeting with stakeholders, analyzing requirements, developing user stories and related artifacts, and translating these into a data model and corresponding database(s)
- Working with other enterprise data service programs to leverage their capabilities in the final system implementation
- Developing technical documentation and briefing materials to support program status reviews, control gates, and other presentations as directed by program management; Providing demonstrations and detailed walk-throughs of data model and repository features to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Working with rapid prototyping to refine requirements and design.
Demonstrated experience with supporting development and administration of databases. Demonstrated experience with MySQL. Demonstrated experience designing and implementing security measures, access controls, role separation, audit, and logging in database solutions. Demonstrated experience with standard data exchange formats including Extensible Markup Language (XML). Familiarity with AWS RDS. Familiarity with Dynamo DB. Familiarity with DevOps tools, e.g. Jenkins, GitHub, Subversion, Jira.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.