Clinical Research Assistant
DVBIC SUMMARY: As a leader in traumatic brain injury research, the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) serves active duty military, veterans and their beneficiaries with coordinated care throughout 23 Army, Navy and Veterans Affairs medical treatment centers. General Dynamics Health Solutions’ researchers and healthcare professionals treat and track more than 8,500 TBI patients a year to measure the impact of care on long term health and occupational outcomes. Conducting 72 different clinical research studies – to include a 15-year congressional directed study – our experts educate political leaders, caregivers, clinicians, and the general public to provide and improve evidence-based, best practice TBI care for service members, veterans and their families
Do you have a passion for research supporting our Service Members? GDIT is hiring a Research Assistant to join forces with the current research team in providing support to the Defense & Veteran's Brain Injury Center located at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda, MD. The research team this position will support focuses on the current Natural History Study of Traumatic Brain Injury.
Join our Talent Network: Here
Summary: The Research Assistant is responsible for assisting with the performance of clinical investigation projects in a clinical setting, including recruitment of potential study subjects, collection and organization of data, scheduling patients for follow up appointments.
- Performs data entry for clinical investigation projects and maintains databases.
- Assists in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Maintains study related documents and supplies in the investigator’s office; secures, organizes and documents as required following all federal/ state regulations.
- Creates, collects, disseminates, maintains appropriate files of study data, and assists with review and completion of study manuals and SOPs.
- Screens consents and/or schedules potential research participants for testing or evaluation. Facilitates follow-up assessment reminders and scheduling.
- Extracts data from patient medical records; transcribes and resolves data queries in case report forms (hardcopy or electronic); prepares documents, under direction of project leaders; reports statistical analyses and descriptive data from patient's study books to be used in research/clinical investigations/studies reports.
- Maintains awareness and compliance of research regulatory issues.
- Communicates regularly with study team, under direction of project leaders, via email and conference calling as needed.
- 0-2 years’ experience in research/clinical investigations/studies required. 2-3 years of prior research experience is preferred.
- Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions required.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills required.
- This person must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy
- Based on contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required and candidates must be able to obtain a favoravle NACLC/ T3 security investigation prior to starting position.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.