Location: Bethesda, MD
GRSi, a Maryland Tech Council Top5 Technology Company in Maryland is experiencing industry leading growth, recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the country for 6 years, and led by Maryland’s 2019 CEO of the Year. As part of our growth, we are searching for a talented and dynamic Azure Architect responsible for providing cutting edge technical solutions to world renowned healthcare and research organizations in the Washington, DC metro area, and around the world. This position is based in Bethesda, MD.
The Architect will design, build, and provide implementation guidance and support for:
- A diverse set of cloud environments (Dev/Test, Integration, Stage, PROD etc.) composed of Azure for PaaS/IaaS/SaaS (including the secure build-out of a new DevOps environment for application delivery)
- Software-defined network infrastructure technologies focused on security, services operations, e.g. networking, firewall management, proxy, IT health check management, backup, recovery, event management, patching, monitoring, etc.
- Provides leadership in developing innovative service capabilities for Azure Cloud and in managing Azure capability projects.
- Responsible for developing strategies, technology, tools, methods, services and solutions that position GRSi as a recognized leader in providing Azure cloud service for our Clients.
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes, analyze client workflows, and determine the best solutions for a successful enterprise Azure infrastructure.
- Work with business stakeholders and senior leaders to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the company's overall strategic direction
- Utilize automation tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Git, Electric Flow (Electric Cloud), or similar tools.
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configuring monitoring solutions for Azure for Windows and Linux servers.
- Manage firewalls, VPNs, and remote access to servers, based on different user roles and access requirements.
- Work in a DevOps capacity with a desire to automate all repetitive processes within the Azure environment.
- Maintain end-to-end security ensuring best practices are always implemented.
- Provision and maintain all servers using configuration management tools, including Chef.
- Develop solutions using cloud services. Research into, and implementation of, new Azure tools to improve efficiency, performance, and cost-effectiveness.
- Working knowledge of supporting IT infrastructure technologies and standards including software & hardware life cycle, system configuration policies, security, hardening, High Availability, Disaster Recovery etc.
- Monitor and report to management on actual and projected tasks.
- Delivering Infrastructure as Code using Azure.
- Cloud orchestration and automation tools.
- Providing continuous monitoring and support.
- Delivering solutions using Agile methodologies.
- Experience with automation tools within an Azure environment in production and lower environments.
- Examples: Chef, Jenkins, Git, Electric Flow (Electric Cloud).
- Strong practical Linux and Windows based systems administration skills and scripting experience in Azure.
- Experience with the planning, configuration, optimization and deployment of Microsoft Azure solutions (IaaS, PaaS, VMs, AD, Automation, Monitor, Backup/recovery etc.).
- BS degree in an applicable area (Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- Azure Certified
- Minimum 4+ years hands-on experience supporting Azure cloud environments, developing and administering an IT operations environment, and administering servers on Windows or Linux platforms.
- Minimum 4+ years' experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment as well as deploying and supporting workloads in Azure.
- Minimum 4+ years' experience working within a DevOps environment, utilizing Azure DevOps tools, developing Azure solutions, and implementing/improving Azure infrastructure processes.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- Azure certifications
The Company:Innovation, Collaboration and Agility - at GRSi these aren't buzz words, they're our mantra.
GRSi is an ISO certified and CMMI/dev-ML3 rated professional services organization with expertise that covers all areas of information technology and professional engineering services -- from systems integration; Agile, Iterative and Waterfall software development; multi-tier infrastructure support; to full spectrum cyber security and enterprise systems support. Regardless of the program or the task, the excellence of GRSi is all about the people. Our greatest asset is our ability to attract and retain highly qualified professionals and our record growth this past year means new opportunity.
GRSi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition) citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability status, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*2020 – MD Tech Council Top 5 Government Contractor, 3rd year*
*2020 – Inc Magazine Fastest Growing Companies, 6th year*
*2020 – G2Xchange NXT UP Federal Emerging Technology and Consulting Firms*
*2019 – MD Tech Council CEO of the Year*
*ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 20000 Certified / CMMI-ML3 Appraised*