Job Description Job #: 1023872
Apex Systems has an immediate opportunity for an Avaya Software Specialist in Bethesda, MD. This is a long-term contract position supporting a federal health agency, and compensation ranges depending on experience and certifications. If you are interested, or if you would like more information, please contact Justin Cramer at [ Link Removed ]
Responsibilities of the Avaya Software Specialist:
- Maintains Avaya PBX systems and applications in operational condition with support of O&M Program Team.
- Responsible for day-to-day system monitoring, troubleshooting, moves/adds/changes/deletions.
- Ensure implementation of best practice solutions for voice communications services.
- Support and manage voice systems, voice networks, and adjuncts such as System Manager, Session Manager, AES, CMS, WFO & OfficeLinx.
- Provide Tier 2 and 3 support to internal voice support staff.
- Ensure incident tickets are attended to in a timely manner, escalated as appropriate, and closed with proper documentation.
- Programs, tests, debugs and maintains applications in client-server or Web-based environment.
- Addresses systems performance issues and crashes.
- Collects, compiles and enters data and processed information into various software systems
- Monitors, manages, projects and reports license usage to ensure compliance for certain branded software packages and programs and recommends other organizational IT purchases and procurements.
Required Experience of the Avaya Software Specialist:
- Three+ years of experience with call center technology, voice systems and voice networks with emphasis in VoIP systems with both h.323 and SIP.
- Experience in supporting a complex IT environment with a multi-platform technical environment is helpful.
- Must have knowledge with Avaya Communication Manager (Avaya Aura Platforms) and Adjunct Administration, Maintenance, and Installation.
- Willingness to research and figure out complex software.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting methodologies.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Organization and prioritization skills are a must.
- Must be able to support on-call/outage needs.
- Must support user support calls, enter/modify tickets, resolve trouble tickets and requests.
- Must be able to walk sizable campus to support user base and lift at least 40 lbs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Certification or equivalent is required see other options on the right: CASP, CISSP, CCNP Security, CCNA Security, CySA+, GSEC, GICSP, SSCP
- • Active Secret Clearance is required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] -6178.