Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society's most complex and challenging problems? We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC's former public sector practice and Navigant's deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Our healthcare segment is comprised of consultants, former provider administrators, clinicians, and other experts with decades of strategy, operational/clinical consulting, managed care services, digital health, revenue cycle management, and outsourcing experience. Professionals collaborate with hospitals and health systems, physician enterprises, payers, government, and life sciences entities, providing performance improvement and business process management solutions that help them meet quality and financial goals. You will make an immediate impact from day one, working with a team to provide end-to-end solutions. We don't simply put band-aids on our client's issues, we are working side-by-side with them. Are up for the challenge?
Business Process Management unites the strengths of four category-leading companies to address the complexities of today's healthcare system. We design, develop and implement integrated, patient-centered solutions for sustained improvements in performance and profitability, working collaboratively across a spectrum of customers that encompasses hospitals, health systems, physician practice groups and payers.
Primary responsibility of the Billing/Follow Up Specialist is to manage patient account receivables in a timely manner including, but not limited to, submitting reimbursement request, processing insurance claims, working with patients regarding self pay arrangements, entering charges accurately, follow up on denials, posting payments in a timely manner, and other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years' experience in medical insurance claims or billing
- type 30 wpm
- Communicate frequently with co-workers as well as with managers to discern their needs, and be able to express themselves
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Usually remains stationary for the majority of the day
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Generally works in an office environment
- This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Student Loan Paydown
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
With a unique blend of large firm resources and an entrepreneurial collaborative culture, Guidehouse is where your purpose, passion, and expertise transform organizations. Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges with a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation and significant regulatory pressure. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, we help clients create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare them for future growth and success. Headquartered in Washington DC, the company has more than 7,000 professionals in more than 50 locations. If you're passionately motivated to make a difference and deliver exceptional work, we invite you to learn more about your career opportunities at www.guidehouse.com