Senior Transfer Pricing Analyst
The primary focus of the position is to analyze and document intercompany transactions at a legal entity level to ensure that the operating results comply with local transfer pricing regulations in countries within Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
The position will be located in our Berwyn, PA office and reports to the Director of Transfer Pricing.
- Gather financial data on a legal entity basis to analyze the operating results of a group of legal entities within the Trinseo organization to ensure that appropriate returns are being achieved and that transfer pricing policies are being followed for all the related party transactions that take place in that entity.
- Gather non-financial information from in-house employees with regard to the business and functional activities, product flows in legal entities
- On an annual basis, support the preparation of Transfer Pricing documentation reports as required by local country taxing authorities through the application of financial and non-financial data.
- Maintain a centralized repository of all Transfer Pricing documentation and supporting information including intercompany and third party comparable agreements.
- Gather and consolidate legal entity information in order to prepare annual Country by Country documentation and co-ordinate all filing of relevant notifications.
- Analyze and review intercompany service flows for correct allocation among legal entities.
- Assist in gathering data and preparing reports for FIN 48 purposes on a quarterly basis.
- Develop expertise in and act as subject matter expert for Tax Data Warehouse.
- Gather input data and validate elements of quarterly legal entity forecast
- Compute and initiate quarterly intercompany royalty payments
- Provide transfer pricing support for tax audits.
- Use ERP system and spreadsheets to gather data and prepare reports to support ad-hoc transfer price related projects
- Collaborate with and assist other members of the Trinseo tax team in other areas of international tax.
- Bachelor's degree from four year college program in Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- Relevant advanced business degree (e.g. M.S. Taxation or MBA) or professional certification (e.g. CPA) preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience
- Transfer pricing documentation experience required either with an accounting firm or in a multinational corporation tax department environment preferably in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Ability to perform intermediate/advanced spreadsheet modeling and maintenance in Microsoft Excel, competency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and preferably Access
- ERP experience, preferably with SAP
- Ability to learn and develop data extraction skills from company systems.
- Strong written communication, analytical and problem skills
- Ability to work effectively with different functional areas and with individuals with English as their second language.
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Internal Finance, Tax, Legal and business/function representative, Information Technology
- External advisors and auditors