Does developing a new design system make you excited? Does beauty, clarity, and ease-of-use make your heart sing? Are you ready to apply a fresh brand across multiple products in an ecosystem?
Help lead the Product Design team to raise the bar for visual UI design. You'll have the opportunity to work across channels and products. You'll get responsibility, opportunities to learn, and experience fun, messy service design problems.
- Ensure our products are a single complementary design family. You will create a compelling and consistent on-brand experience across touchpoints.
- Collaborate across design, engineering and product teams to develop our new design system. Be responsible for the structure, iteration and evangelization of the design system within Blacklane.
- Partner with Product to improve existing features and workflows and develop new ones.
- Contribute your expertise and research to improve team processes. Help improve communication across teams and implement efficient workflows and use of tools.
- Collaborate closely with engineering teams to deliver visual design details to pixel-perfection
- Work in a complex service design space. Our users are on the move: our service providers in vehicles and airports all over the world, and our guests using the service, trying to get to their meetings and back without stress. It's a rich and fun field for design, with diverse user groups and many service touchpoints.
- Freedom and responsibility to own UI solutions and processes. Support to grow your career in the direction you want to move toward.
- We're looking for excellence in visual design for digital products. You have knowledge of theory and 3+ years of experience of UI design focused on real, delivered digital products.
- A mix of mobile/responsive web and app work is desired. Experience working with product, marketing, and multiple agile teams is a big plus.
- You see constraints as creative challenges. You are a holistic thinker who understands when we change one product, the others must be consistent and positively affected.
- You like to share your knowledge and will mentor/pair with your fellow designers, participate in regular feedback sessions, and discuss best practices. You're respectful, challenge assumptions, and build consensus. You value a healthy design feedback culture and are enthusiastic about building it throughout the company.
- You take ownership of a topic, bringing good ideas to life, and guide them through to ship. You can prioritize and adjust to the realities of limited time and resources.
- You are an expert with your tools. You are familiar with industry-standard prototyping tools but expect to be learning new tools regularly.
- Fluency in English is required, other languages are a plus.
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates process and breadth. Show your ability to turn ideas into a compelling solution. Share your workflow: sketches, iterations, prototypes, final UI designs and transitions that became a product.
- A degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or similar is preferred, but your actual work is more important to us.
MORE THAN A JOB
A journey of learning: We believe that open, candid, constructive and actionable feedback is the essential component of our continuous development and collaboration. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities and deep dives. Budget for conferences external training, online courses and books will bolster your continuous learning journey.
Peace of mind: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days. Benefit from special conditions when joining different sport courses through our partner.
Become part of an inspired Global Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners! On our Freaky Fridays over a drink, during our regular Lottery Lunches or at our legendary Summer and Winter parties. Meet our professional chauffeurs when using our service with vouchers, in over 300 cities worldwide!
Blacklane provides an outstanding ground travel experience in over 60 countries worldwide. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 400 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us! Care is one of the values at the core of our culture and we welcome anyone who shares it. We continuously strive for diversity and vow for equal opportunities. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we are driven to develop a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open.
Feel inspired? Then join us in solving the challenges of moving travelers around the world and support a thriving community of professional chauffeurs!