As a software engineer on the data platform team you will be responsible for building tools for the storage, retrieval, and visualization of data generated by the engineering teams at Rigetti. You will collaborate closely with process engineers, experimental physicists and software engineers and play a direct role in enabling the teams to organize their data, understand and analyze it, and find patterns that will drive improvements to the fabrication and control of the next generations of quantum processors.
- Develop and deploy analytical software tools that will help engineers discover relationships and patterns
- Collaborate with our IT infrastructure team to build and maintain internal applications and systems
- Collaborate with our design and quantum measurement teams to solve technical problems
- Collaborate with our physics team to develop new interfaces for visualizing and analyzing the results of low-temperature measurements
- Collaborate with our manufacturing and physics teams to study the impact of process changes on device performance
- Building UIs for visualizing quantum chip layouts
- Help develop new tools for modeling the performance of future designs
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- At least 2 years experience with front-end web development in a framework like React, Angular, or Vue
- Experienced with API development in Flask, Django, Express or similar
- Experience working with RDBMS systems (such as PostgreSQL)
- Seasoned in software engineering practices such as version control, code review and continuous integration
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment with interdisciplinary engineering teams that have similar but unique goals
- You have an interest in and understanding of database architecture, schema evolution and data integrity
- You are familiar with data visualization tools (d3, plotting libraries) and best practices
- Experience with containerization
- Position may require the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Unlimited PTO + Suggested 2-3 annual sabbatical
- Fitness Activity & Gym Membership reimbursement
- Monthly Lyft Credits
- Weekly Dry Cleaning/Laundry Service
- Free Weekly Haircuts
- Breakfast/Catered Lunch/Unlimited Snacks
- 98% coverage on Medical, Dental, Vision
- 16 week paid parental leave
- Life Insurance
- FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Offices
- Flexible Work Schedule
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 140 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants authorized to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.