Thistle’s mission is to make eating nutritious, organic and local foods incredibly convenient and accessible.
We’re looking for a professional driver with a mission to deliver the most amazing plant-forward products with exceptional customer service. At Thistle, our drivers play a vital part in making sure all of our amazing products get to your local store, cafe, restaurant, or business on time and delivered with care.
The Retail Driver & Merchandiser is responsible for efficiently delivering product to retail accounts in a courteous, professional, compliant, safe and timely manner. In this role, the Driver Merchandiser is also responsible for stocking product on shelves and in coolers while ensuring that appropriate rotation standards are maintained. Finally, as with all our drivers, the Driver Merchandiser serves as an ambassador of our company and wants to play a critical role in building a world-class brand.
We do not require a Commercial Driver License (No CDL Necessary). We are looking for self-motivated individuals to cover established sales delivery routes. Coverage includes driving, stocking and fulfilling orders for our customers on various routes as needed. Prior merchandising or delivery experience is preferred but not mandatory. Must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment where a broad range of tasks may be required, including warehouse and admin support.
This position is open immediately and will start as part time: Tues. & Fri., 5am - 1:30pm, with plans to expand delivery routes and add shifts in the coming months.
What We'll Do:
- Provide superior customer service and foster relationships with store management and personnel
- Operate Thistle’s delivery truck in a professional, safe and courteous manner
- Daily truck loading and inventory
- Deliver products to customers on assigned route
- Merchandise, display, and rotate products according to Thistle’s guidelines and policies
- Pick up company property and returns
- Move, lift and load product and company property
- Invoice and collect amounts due; settle accounts
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Maintain composure and handle frequent change or unexpected disruptions
- Be a team player and willing to adapt to shifting duties and responsibilities
What You'll Bring:
- Driver’s License & Clean MVR Required (Class A Commercial Driver’s License is a bonus)
- Comfort and experience operating commercial vehicles (e.g. 12 ft Cargo Van)
- Must own smart phone with data and be comfortable working with delivery and invoicing apps
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
- 1-3 years of work experience in a service-based or related industry preferred
- 1+ years of commercial driving experience preferred
- Previous route delivery, direct store delivery, stocking, merchandising, retail management and/or customer service experience preferred
- Must have the ability to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach
- Must have the ability to push and pull manual and powered material handling equipment (i.e., pallet jack, hand-truck etc.) containing product loads for a minimum of 100 yards without assistance
- Must be self-motivated with a high degree of integrity and be able to perform job duties with minimal supervision on a timely basis
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.