Occupational Therapist (Home Health)
*** Join Our Team of Highly Talented and Committed Clinical Professionals ***
Founded in 2014 in San Francisco Bay Area, Neogen Cares vision is to transform the way healthcare is provided and received by patients in the home. We strive to improve the quality of your life with our team of specially trained nurses, therapists and reliable caregivers. As a leading provider of medical and non-medical home care services we will continue to contribute to the future of our community and support healthy lifestyles.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist (Home Health) to join our fast-growing team. Become a part of a notable company and help us achieve our goals!
Position: Occupational Therapist (Home Health)
Location: Berkeley, CA and surrounding areas
Pay: Depends on Experience
Dictation Charting: Takes much less time to chart, higher work/life balance.
- Conducting physical and psychological assessments and developing or following a treatment plan.
- Assessing patient home and work environments of clients and deciding what adjustments are needed.
- Advising patients on adaptive equipment to help them with daily activities.
- Developing physical rehabilitation programs to help patients regain lost skills.
- Preparing patients for a return to work.
- Educating caregivers and family members on patient care.
- Evaluating results and progress of occupational therapy on patients.
- Maintaining professional knowledge and technical progress in order to provide patients with the best treatment program available.
- Complying with federal, state, and local certification requirements.
- Evaluating patient condition regarding physical and basic mental health.
- Other duties as directed by the physician, Clinical Manager, or personal care plan.
- An undergraduate degree in Occupational Therapy from a university certified by the ACOTE (Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education) or AOTA (American -Occupational Therapy Association).
- Certified by the National Board for Certification.
- Compliant with state healthcare regulatory requirements.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of treatment practices and physical therapy programs.
- Ability to take care for patients with different personalities.
- Ability to assess patient condition and work with treatment plans.
- A minimum of 1 year of recent Occupational Therapy experience in an institutional setting.
- A minimum of 1 year of recent Occupational Therapy experience with a home health agency.
- Valid/Current State of California Occupational Therapy license.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with vehicle, in good working order, that is currently registered and insured in accordance with state and Neogen Care requirements.
- Strong skills in observation, verbal and written communication, problem-solving, basic math, Electronic Medical Record Software (Kinnser a plus), and basic computer skills to manage email, texts, employment record self-service, etc.
- Visual acuity and hearing to perform required skills.
Neogen Care, an essential health industry company, practices all protective measures recommend by the WHO, CDC, state, and county to safeguard our employees and patients from COVID-19 exposure to include: screening, testing, PPE, etc