The Manager is responsible for 24/7 operations of the Operating Room, with relationship to staff scheduling, productivity and first level problem resolution with physicians and staff. The Manager will manage the OR board in an efficient and cost effective manner, ensuring the smooth flow of cases, working in collaboration with Anesthesia.
Education: BSN required.
License, certification and/or registration:
- Current active unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Valid BCLS & ACLS certifications required.
- CNOR preferred
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Operating Room with progressive management experience. Experience working in a union environment preferred.
- Familiarity with AORN recommended practices, CMS and Title 22 guidelines for Operating Rooms.
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude and creativity in problem solving.
- Strong leadership and team building skills with the ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Demonstrates dedication to quality service.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong working knowledge of Title 22, JCAHO, federal and state regulations, and related accreditation standards. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common and sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information and articulate issues and problems to top management, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills Ability to work with and understands statistical data. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.