The Purchasing Quality Engineer will support all activities related to quality, materials ordering, inventory, logistics and data management. You will join a collaborative team of four and will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager. We value candidates who are enthusiastic about quantum computing, eager to learn, and upholds an efficient and diligent work ethic. You must have experience working with electronic components, metals, and PCB's.
- Execute quality inspection for all incoming parts
- Create metrics to measure vendor performances
- Manage RMAs for metals, cables, electronics and RF components
- Process purchase orders requested by Engineering Teams and Physicists
- Work closely with Accounting team to solve any purchase order / invoice discrepancies
- Continuous improvement on processes as the company continues to scale
- Receiving the incoming parts in our ERP system and moving them to final locations
- Assist stockroom part or kit requests, returns & reorders
- Manage domestic and international shipments & deliveries, included but not limited to customs clearance documents and freight shipment requirements
- Process new item and vendor requests
- Process quote requests coming from Engineering team
- B.S. or M.S in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with electronic components, metals, and PCB's
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and flexibility towards shifting priorities
- MS Office proficiency, Excel is a must
- Experience with any ERP system, NetSuite or Oracle is a plus
- Experience with Agile tools is a plus, Jira is a plus
- Six Sigma Black Belt is a plus
- Solidworks experience is a plus
- Experience in a fast paced startup is a plus
- Unlimited PTO + Suggested 2-3 annual sabbatical
- Fitness Activity & Gym Membership reimbursement
- Monthly Lyft Credits
- Weekly Dry Cleaning/Laundry Service
- Free Weekly Haircuts
- Breakfast/Catered Lunch/Unlimited Snacks
- 98% coverage on Medical, Dental, Vision
- 16 week paid parental leave
- Life Insurance
- FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Offices
- Flexible Work Schedule
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 140 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants authorized to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.