Who We Are:
At Thistle, we prepare nutritious, plant-based meals for people who want a convenient way to eat well. Our customers sign up for recurring subscriptions and we deliver hand-crafted meals up to three times per week. Eating healthy food has never been easier.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to our Senior Director of Operations, the Facilities Manager will be responsible for the total maintenance of our food production and fulfillment facilities and ensuring they remain efficient and in good working condition. Must be extremely knowledgeable about commercial air conditioning, plumbing, electrical properties, refrigeration and other facilities upkeep and repair. Will have experience managing a team on a 24-hour schedule, multiple facility locations, and will assume responsibility from beginning to end of all maintenance projects.
As an ambassador of Thistle, the Facilities Manager is responsible for helping to create and maintain a sanitary and quality work experience for all employees.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the constant maintenance and for ensuring the efficiency and good working conditions of multiple 24 hour food production and warehouse facilities, including but not limited to: equipment, walk-ins, Refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, cleaning services, off-site Storage, all outside vendor contracts.
- Ensures that exceptionally clean and sanitary conditions are maintained and abiding by state and federal regulations at all times.
- Assesses the current and ongoing condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment in order to properly identify problems and anticipate needs.
- Maintains accurate records of the condition of all equipment and facilities in the building and creates a schedule of regular evaluation and maintenance of the facilities.
- Ensures the safety of the building regarding fire, flood or other hazards, and ensures the building remains compliant with state and federal standards.
- Work with QA department to ensure compliance with any necessary equipment maintenance protocols
What You’ll Bring:
- State-licensed as a professional engineer and must have knowledge of compliance to OSHA and Department of Health requirements. Bilingual in Spanish and English is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA/HACCP/GMP/SSOP/FDA/3rd party GSF/Food Safety
Who You Are:
- Hard working and self motivated
- Lead by example
- Excited to tackle unique challenges and lay a strong foundation for your team
- Flexible and Proactive
- Compassionate and Pragmatic
- A team player
Life At Thistle:
- Competitive salary and equity compensation.
- Excellent health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision.
- Flexible vacation policy - work hard and take time when you need it.
- Bright, driven coworkers who share your passion for food.
- Shape the growth trajectory and strategic direction of a rapidly-growing startup.
- Fun team outings (incl. happy hours, BBQs, and more).
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.