Voleon is a technology company that applies state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real-world problems in finance. For more than a decade, we have led our industry and worked at the frontier of applying machine learning to investment management. We have become a multibillion dollar asset manager, and we have ambitious goals for the future.
Your colleagues will include internationally recognized experts in machine learning research as well as highly experienced technology and finance professionals. The people who shape our company come from other backgrounds, too, including concert music performance, humanitarian aid, opera singing, sports writing, and the submarine service. You will be part of a team that loves to succeed together.
In addition to our enriching and collegial working environment, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages, technology talks by our experts, a beautiful modern office, daily catered lunches, and more.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work with the software engineering, research, and systems teams to build the backbone of our business. This role is a means to make a difference: your role will serve as a force multiplier to maximize the productivity of the personnel, tools, and workflows that deliver software at Voleon.
- Ensure that the software created is of high quality and is deployed and supported in an efficient and reproducible way
- Support Voleon's build processes and continuous delivery tools, manage software development tools, and automate systems and operations
- Design and support production implementations of in-house and third-party software applications
- At least five years of experience with software development, production application support, and/or Linux systems administration
- Experience with continuous Integration platforms such as Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI, or Bamboo
- Experience with software testing practices and tools
- Fluent with Python and Git
- Knowledge of common virtualization and containerization tools
- Experience with configuration automation tools, such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
- Understanding of relational databases (primarily PostgreSQL) and NoSQL data management tools
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field
- Knowledge of other software languages such as Groovy, R, and Go
- Experience configuring and using the ELK stack
- Proficiency with Apache Mesos and Docker
- Experience with systems/network monitoring tools such as Nagios, Icinga, Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, and Graphite
- Familiar with Agile project management concepts
The Voleon Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.