Grabango Home Page: grabango.com
Who We Are:
Grabango is the leading provider of checkout-free shopper technology for existing stores. Founded by Will Glaser (technology founder of Pandora Media), the Grabango team has developed the only enterprise class solution for large store chains in the market today. Grabango's system accommodates thousands of store locations, hundreds of thousands of SKUs and millions of square feet across a given retail enterprise.
We're a growing group of kind, curious, self-directed people working towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing hypotheses in a collaborative and supportive environment. Our ability to celebrate both our successes and failures as milestones of growth opens the door to tremendous breakthroughs.
Computer vision and machine learning are at the core of our patent pending technology. Our accomplished team is a powerful combination of technology and commerce professionals that are working to “Eliminate lines and save people time!”
We're looking for you if...
- Are a highly skilled professional writer and storyteller;
- Desire to contribute to a rapid-growth, high-potential start-up;
- You are knowledgeable about marketing, business development and account management. Familiarity with AI, computer vision, and machine learning would be a bonus;
- Are technically oriented and enjoy learning about science and computer principles;
- You have experience working with dynamic executives in a complex and rapidly evolving growth organization;
- You are masterful at transforming complicated, technical information into easy to understand and motivating content;
What you'll be doing: The Content Writer will report to the Chief Business Officer, with a dotted line reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The responsibilities for this position are:
- Act as a subject matter expert for concise, on message and easy to read content. Work directly with the CEO on long and short form content creations for both internal and external audiences;
- Create content for executive communications, PR, social media blogs and posts;
- Work closely with the Director of Communications, he or she will plan, document, and maintain foundational content strategy, writing guidelines and word lists for a variety of stakeholders;
- Translate complex technology and marketing concepts into clear and compelling ideas and stories;
- Work closely with marketing and communications team to copy edit;
- Capacity to write, edit, proofread, and fact-check copy for brand consistency, clarity, and accuracy;
- Research retail-related topics and trends. Develop ideas for new and motivational content.
What you should have: The successful Content Writer candidate has strong writing, research and communications skills. This individual should possess the following characteristics or background:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in professional writing, content creation, content strategy, tech journalism, or related professions
- Track record of published work that is accessible online or through print media
- Familiar with all major social media platforms
- Experience working with third-party PR agencies or marketing firms
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A successful content development history (please include writing sample files or links when you apply for this position);
- Deep passion for creating engaging content that communicates key messages extraordinarily clearly and concisely;
- Superb technical writing, editing, and proof-reading skills. Detail orientation a must;
- Strong organizational skills – project management skills such that you can manage content across multiple projects, teams and geographies;
- Familiarity with SEO and related strategies.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, Literature, Technical Writing, or any other related field.
Integrity: Do the right thing, particularly when you don’t have to.
Bold Innovation: Think recklessly, but temper your actions with pragmatism.
Execution Matters: Hire the best people, and treasure them.
Don’t Live with Broken: Have the courage to admit mistakes, and the urgency to correct them.
Customer Focus: Delight customers, both internal and external.
Simplify: Enough Said.
Grabango is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a workplace where diversity and inclusion are an essential part of who we are. We strive to hire and support a workforce as diverse as our shopper base, so we can develop products and services that best suit our customers. We do not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status and we comply with all local, state and federal employment laws.
Grabango participates in the E-Verify Program, an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. It allows employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States.