What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability – and everything in between.
As a Senior Manager of Frozen Food Sourcing, your expertise, vision and strategy will allow you to see the products you source come to life in stores and online. Leveraging your advocacy and negotiation skills with the access and scale of the Walmart system, you'll make a direct impact on the business and help families all over the world save money and live better. Along the way, you'll be guided by our deep-rooted culture and have the support and tools you need to do your job, learn, grow and succeed.
What you will do…
As a Senior Manager of Frozen Food Sourcing, you will collaborate cross-functionally on creating strategy, manage budgets to drive profitable growth, develop robust partnerships with suppliers, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience. You know your supplier and customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business. Success in this role requires tenacity, an analytical mindset, influence, and excellence in cross functional team leadership.
You will make an impact by:
- Developing complex commodity sourcing strategies for assigned products by collaborating with cross-functional business partners (for example, merchants, planners) to understand growth in items, regions, and growing methods. You will serve as a subject matter and industry expert in understanding multiple commodities and items sourced for country of assignment
- Providing in depth cost evaluation, logistics analysis and quality insights to guide merchandise flow and replenishment decisions. Lead on complex negotiations and provide necessary situational analytics to drive success in negotiations
- Driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs and influencing internal and external business partners (for example, growers, merchants) to bring product and packaging innovation to market
- Aligning the sourcing strategy with merchant's annual operating plan (AOP) while incorporating company growth strategy into planning (for example, upstreaming, growth in direct import (DI), protected agriculture)
- Creating complex vendor decision matrices by evaluating new and existing vendors based on performance metrics and long-term potential. Developing strategic grower and vendor relationships with multiple-year contracts for business continuity.
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives by identifying performance standards, measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly and develop contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning
- Effectively soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years' experience in merchandising, sourcing, planning, finance, or related field
- Master's degree in Business, Merchandising, or related field
- 3 years' experience negotiating with third-party suppliers
- 3 years' experience with Microsoft Office
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field and 2 years experience in merchandising, sourcing, planning, finance, or related field OR 6 years experience in merchandising, sourcing, planning, finance, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Sourcing and Procurement - Raw Materials
Masters: Business, Masters: Engineering General, Masters: Mathematics
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
“I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. “ — Scott, Senior Manager
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.
Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs