Porter/Groundskeeper needed for our apartment communitiy in Bentonville, AR.
The Porter/Groundskeeper is responsible for the overall cleanliness and curb appeal of the community including the grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots and other common areas of the community. Groundskeeper will also assist in the preparation of vacant apartments for move-in by new residents, and in completing resident requests for service as directed by the Community Manager. Prior maintenance experience required!
RichSmith Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.. All of our full-time positions offer a complete benefit package that includes a full range of insurance options, flexible spending accounts, 401K, paid holidays, etc. Medical Benefits start 1st of month following 30 days! Come join our growing community!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the community in line with the established standards including the grounds, building exteriors, (power washing) breezeways, leasing office, pools, amenities and other common areas.
- Repairs/replaces any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility.
- Reviews daily work order priorities with the Service Tech/Community Manager at the beginning and end of each day.
- Responsible for complying with company and community operating and safety policies and procedures and for adhering to federal state and local laws pertaining to the operation of the community.
- Will be available to walk the grounds and deliver notices to all apartments.
- Responsible for complying with all state, federal and/or local laws relating to Fair Housing.
- Assists in preventative maintenance tasks such as HVAC filter changes, storm drain and sewer clean out, and lubricating, oiling, greasing, and checking mechanical systems.
- Assists with landscaping for the community.
- May perform exterior/interior painting.
- Replaces exterior/interior light bulbs and globes.
- Picks up exterior & interior litter; empties and sanitizes trash containers.
- Assists the office and maintenance teams (i.e. walking apartments, move-in/move-out reports, etc.). Assists as needed to prepare vacant apartments for move-in.
- Ensures all repairs/replacements are completed as necessary for apartment to be occupied.
- Ensures all trash from apartments are cleaned out before, during and after make-ready activity.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- At least one year of experience in this field. Including maintenance experience!
- Working knowledge of building maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair preferred
- Previous knowledge of grounds maintenance, landscaping and/or general maintenance/janitorial experience helpful
- Working knowledge of basic interior/exterior maintenance, hand tools and cleaning equipment
- The willingness to deliver excellent customer service as an important part of the community team providing a high quality living environment.
- The ability to pay attention to detail, problem solve, troubleshoot, and make decisions is required
- Must be able to pass Criminal background check.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and twist into small areas
- Must be able to bend forward when picking up objects from ground, etc.
- Must be able to reach overhead for extended period of time.
- Must be able to work outside for extended length of time
- The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, balance, climb stairs and lift, push/pull, carry, and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds; maximum of 100 pounds w/assistance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally required to reach with hands and arms: stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, technological equipment, tools, or controls.