Requisition Number: ENOLO01646
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for an Enologist (E10) to join our team at Col Solare winery in Benton City, WA. To assist winemakers as needed in all areas of production, optimizing quality.
What you will do:
- Provide hands-on participation and support for operations relative to daily production activities.
- Assist in wine production and monitoring of bulk wine inventory.
- Assist in grape crush, press and ferment of juice and monitoring of fermentation of wine.
- Provide backup to winemakers in their absence in areas of wine production and barrel operations.
- Assist in the supervision of cellar and barrel personnel in absence of winemakers and cellarmaster
- Participate in research projects ensuring completion and proper documentation.
- Act as liaison providing technical support to QI and Lab operations.
- Set up tastings and trials, ensuring accurate review and data.
- Provide necessary assistance to winetrackers and winemakers in other departments or facilities during harvest or peak seasons.
- Assist in wine evaluations.
- Represent winery at trade, technical, or consumer group meetings.
- During periods other than harvest, 40-hour week split evenly between office setting and cellar environment.
- During harvest period, 60-75-hour work week split between office setting approximately 40% and 60% cellar environment.
- Ability to periodically lift up to fifty pounds
- Ability to work extended hours during peak periods.
- Ability to work in cold, damp cellar environment.
- Ability to climb stairs and work at heights.
What you will bring:
- B.S. degree in Enology, Viticulture, Food Science or related field required.
- This is not 99350 Dr.
- Some supervisory skills.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English
- Supervisory skills helpful
- Must possess strong organizational skills as well as high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to travel and work in other Ste Michelle locations as needed
- Must be able to work extended hours and shift rotation.
Who you are:
- You are curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
- You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people together, learn and solve problems.
- You value inclusion and work to create an environment where everyone feels welcomed and every voice is heard.
- You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new ideas.
- You make an impact by being bold and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.