AR/AP Accounting Clerk
LED Phantom Distribution, is an independent electrical distributor specializing in commercial & residential exterior and interior lighting. The company was founded in 2013 as a small family-operated business focusing on the Chicago land region and now expanding into the Southern Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin Markets. We believe that our employees are our best asset. LPD still holds true to the core values of our humble beginnings that have made us a true success.
LED Phantom is seeking an Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk (“AR/AP Clerk”). Reporting to the President, the AR/AP Clerk will play a critical role in monthly transactional processing and governance as the company undergoes rapid growth.
The AR/AP Clerk provides support to and is a critical part of the organization’s accounting department. The AR/AP Clerk works with management and clients on a daily basis. Duties include the daily processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable transactions, and collections, which must be performed accurately and efficiently.
The AR/AP Clerk must be proficient and knowledgeable in all areas of accounts payable and receivable governance and controls. The AR/AP Clerk must maintain an above-average level of accuracy, be organized, possess problem-solving skills, work well within fellow employees and vendors/customer, and have strong computer skills working with accounting software and Excel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounts Payable (approx. 30% of time)
- Processes vendor invoices, ensuring proper approvals and coding are obtained and inputs into accounting system on a daily basis
- Assists department managers with any accounts payable questions and vendor issues, as needed
- Completes payment check/ACH runs on schedule, and ad-hoc runs as directed by Management
- Maintains vendor records, including obtaining W-9s from new vendors and updating records with tax status and tax ID
- Prepares and remits annual 1099’s
Accounts Receivable (approx. 60% of time)
- Prepares and processes daily cash applications by applying receipts to matching invoices and addressing discrepancies as needed
- Inputs all receipts into accounting system on a daily basis
- Monitors outstanding accounts receivables and follows up on past due accounts
Other Duties as assigned (approx. 10% of time)
- Performs all functions of the monthly close of the AR/AP modules in a timely manner
- Assists with external audits, including responding to inquiries
- Help establish and maintain financial policies and procedures
- Maintain electronic and physical filing systems, make recommendations to foster organization and efficient workflow
- Perform special projects, as needed
Medical Insurance, as well as a 401K plan, Paid Holidays, Sick & Vacation time and Profit Sharing
Please forward your resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33K / 38K BOE
- AR: 2 years
- AP: 2 years
- Bensenville, IL.
- Must have an associate degree or relevant experience
- Experience in high volume AR/AP environment
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Well organized, a self-starter, and able to multi-task
- Superior attention to detail working with large volumes of data
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization
- Ability to effectively present information and respond in a courteous and professional manner to questions from managers and outside customers and vendors
- 2-years minimum experience
- Thorough knowledge of all accounting department functions including accrual accounting, A/R, A/P, bank reconciliation and collections
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and especially Excel.
- Strong organizational and administrative ability under pressure
- Ability to get along well with people particularly in situations without direct control
- Understanding of employee benefit programs
- High ethical standards and trustworthiness
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work long hours when the job requires
- Self-starter with good judgment and ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent communication skills on the phone, in writing, and in person