Join the YRC Freight team! We are the original LTL Carrier with over 90 years in the business and we're looking for Combination City Driver / Dock Workers.
As a YRC Freight City Driver/Dock Worker, you'll be responsible for safely driving trucks and trailers to pick up and deliver freight to and from various locations as well as loading/unloading freight from trailers. A casual works on an as needed, on call basis with no set schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operating a tractor-trailer to pick up and deliver freight within a defined area
- Pre-trip and post-trip inspections of tractor/trailer(s) and when stopped en route
- Dropping and hooking trailer(s) and changing equipment configurations as necessary
- Loading and unloading freight from trailers using various lifting methods including forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Preparing, inspecting, and cleaning trailers before loading freight
- Reviewing freight bills for special instructions and inspecting freight for damage
- Competitive pay based on union scale
- 21 years of age or older
- Possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Double/Triple, Tanker and Hazardous Material endorsements
- One year of tractor-trailer driving experience
- A safe driving record per MVR
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Read, write and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway and traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, read a bill of lading
- Work various shifts and days of the week
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans