EXTRUSION LINE OPERATOR - BENNETTSVILLE
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
- Operate and monitor Extrusion lines insuring that all process standards are followed closely, therefore, producing a good quality product. Coordinate operator assistant work.
- Discuss operation with off-going operator to determine the condition of the line.
- Observe yarn style, coding, and special conditions.
- Make a visual check of operating conditions every half hour and record data as required. Maintain operating conditions at the desired level.
- Coordinate duties of operator assistant as required to insure proper operation and top quality yarn.
- Keep reclaimable waste clean.
- Insure that nip rolls, winders, or any other equipment is in good working condition.
- Inspect each rack of yarn before releasing yarn to Beaming.
- Change screen pack according to schedule, clean quadrant lens and target.
- Take designated packages to lab for lab checks.
- Perform any miscellaneous duties as required by supervision.
- Obey all safety rules and regulations.
- Report any accidents and/or injuries, no matter how slight, immediately to supervision.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and stoop for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, overtime and shifts as required.
- Must perform miscellaneous duties as required by Supervision.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to frequently push full yarn racks that weigh 1,000 pounds.
- Prefer working knowledge of Extrusion Department