Test Engineer, Electrical
Ready to change the world?
We are reinventing how products are delivered around the world by unlocking the path not yet traveled. Our company was founded in 2015 and is backed by Silicon Valley’s most prominent VCs, including YCombinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Icon Ventures. Volansi provides fast on-demand aerial delivery service for time-critical shipments over long ranges. We build and operate long-range, high-payload drones for commercial, defense, and humanitarian applications. Leveraging drone technology as a transportation method, we help our customers gain control of their supply chain and save millions of dollars on downtime and inventory costs.
Our work came from the immediate need for critical delivery of parts to drastically reduce downtime for an automotive company. From this idea, our founders have scaled the company into a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals to serve critical delivery markets.
Volansi is seeking a talented Electrical Test Engineer with a passion for robotics and aviation to join its growing engineering team developing autonomous aircraft. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates are expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
What you will do:
- Develop test solutions for in-house developed avionics hardware and motor controllers
- Be responsible for electronics components testing
- Develop and document the test plan for functional, pre-compliance, and validation tests
- Work with design engineer to troubleshoot issues
- Develop automated test platform
- Work closely with suppliers and test labs to plan and track the test progress
- Document the test results and improvement suggestions
- Industrial test experience with electrical components
- Experience in DV/PV test
- Experience with motor, motor controller and power electronics testing
- Hands on experience for testing equipment and methods
- Experience in EMI test and standards
- Knowledge of safety requirements related to high power applications
- 2+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Familiarity with Altium Designer
- Exposure to regulatory certification
- Experience with battery systems
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Opportunities for internal career growth
- Healthy meals and snacks provided and commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- 401k and stock options
- SF Bay Area offices are dog-friendly!