Essential Job functions:
- Prepares the examination room. Escorts patient into the room. Cleans examination room when exam is complete.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Maintains efficient patient flow.
- Communicates & provides care consistent with age, cultural, spiritual and developmental needs of the patient.
- Answers the telephone in an appropriate manner. Directs calls and/or takes accurate messages.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according to departmental guidelines.
- Consistently and accurately stocks examination rooms with all necessary supplies.
- Reconciles encounters daily and accurately, according to policy guidelines.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns or issues to the Supervisor and/or Manager appropriately and promptly.
- Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in EHR.
- Reviews and updates medication list and accurately documents known allergies in the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Demonstrates an understanding of prescription control and prescription refill procedures.
- Accurately documents allergies in EHR.
- Facilitates transition of care to UCC/Hospital.
- Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a timely manner in the PMS and EHR.
- Employs appropriate and timely use of Tasking in EHR.
General Job Functions:
- Responsible for assisting physician, PA or NP with clerical duties, patient flow, patient care and procedures.
- Demonstrates flexibility with various work schedules.
- Other duties as required.
- Chemicals, Chemotherapy and Fumes
- Loud noises
- Extreme temperatures
- Confined spaces
- Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
- Magnetic fields
- Exposure to infectious hazards, blood, body fluids, non-intact skin, or tissue specimens
- Contact with patients or patient specimens are possible
- Unplanned or unexpected exposure.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- High School Graduate /GED recipient or diploma from vocational or technical school. Associate Degree preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification Required: Please be advised that all SHM Medical Assistants are required to obtain and maintain MA Certification. Optional Certifications accepted are: CMA, RMA, EMT, AMET, or Paramedic (active State of Oregon license) required.
- BLS certification.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to deal with difficult personalities.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Basic proficiency in computer use.
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred.
- Experience with patient care equipment preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Pushing and pulling, taking frequency into consideration.
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items, taking frequency into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or reaching +
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
- Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed.
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
- Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.