Maintenance Manager 2
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc. Beloit, WI
The Maintenance Manager 2 is responsible for managing and coordinating the maintenance of facility infrastructure and equipment.
Essential Job Duties
- Manages and leads the maintenance and project management of facility infrastructure, systems, and equipment. Coordinates activities between departments; ensures established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Prepares project proposals and manages to completion. Develops or oversees the development of conceptual designs and capital requirements. Monitors and evaluates project execution; establishes priorities and sequences; maintains project documentation and prepares analysis reports. Ensures achievement of project goals.
- Manages the development of, and monitoring of, the capital and maintenance budgets including expenses and labor.
- Oversees regulatory compliance for Waste Water Treatment, grease and oil use and disposal. Interprets regulations, establishes procedures and audits for compliance. Maintains documentation.
- Performs preventative maintenance (PM) operational assessment.
- Manages safe work practices with team members and observes safe work practices. Interprets company safety policies, procedures, and regulations; familiarizes team members. Ensures a safe working environment.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists team members in solving work problems. Troubleshoots unusual or difficult issues requiring coordination and communication across cross-functional departments; follows through with process improvement.
- Develops, trains, coaches and/or mentors direct reports and team members. Familiarizes team with established policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Provides technical guidance. Interprets and ensures consistent application of company policies.
- Prepares and distributes reports for regulatory compliance, preventative maintenance audit results, work order completion ratios, etc.; communicates issues and problem solving initiatives.
- May perform other duties as required.Scope of ResponsibilitySomewhat independent; work frequently done independently by following practices and procedures. Makes independent decisions.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Lance policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical data.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, varying writing style to meet needs and or speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Manages project team and communicates changes and progress.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential information.
- Develops and coordinates projects, project plans, and completing projects on time and within budget.
- Knowledgeable of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, and Internet software.Education and ExperienceBachelor's Degree from four-year college or university; a minimum of 7 years related experience and/or training; a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.