Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Sea Mar Community Health Centers is seeking a full-time Receptionist with a minimum of 1 year experience in Front Office Medical and Dental. This position is based out of our Bellingham Clinic. The applicant must be flexible and available to work some evenings including Saturdays. Staff will be responsible for processing patient information, making medical appointments, contacting patients via phone on behalf of Sea Mar, and taking messages, etc. The ideal candidate must possess some problem-solving skills and must be able to communicate efficiently with our patients and be sensitive to their needs.
- Must demonstrate and maintain a high level of work ethic and professionalism as well as be able to multi-task and properly use basic office software.
- Minimum one-year experience in a medical/dental setting and medical terminology preferred. Knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Computer and typing skills are required.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written skills are necessary for this position.
- Good organizational skills are a must.
- Call Center experience preferred.
- This position requires the ability to type 40-45 wpm,
- Ability to process at least 20 new patients per day.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Bilingual English/Spanish or Russian/Spanish preferred.
What we offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career; a career that allows you to grow in your specialty. Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent benefit package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employment Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 24-27 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. Employees receive 1-2 automatic wage increases per year. We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Tim Diaz, Front Office Supervisor at TimothyDiaz@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 10/29/20199
External candidates considered after 11/01/2019
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).