PeaceHealth is seeking a Privacy and Integrity Officer - Organizational Integrity for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 179449
Manages privacy and integrity incidents in assigned network for both inpatient and outpatient facilities. Responsible for identifying, assessing and recommending actions regarding privacy and integrity incidents with a goal of compliance with the state and federal laws and PeaceHealth policies. Ensures compliance to state and federal regulations and implements policies and procedures necessary to support PeaceHealth's compliance program. Facilitates network, community, or PHMG leadership in the design, development, implementation, and monitoring of the compliance program. This includes effective systems which promote and support the seven elements of an effective compliance program, HIPAA privacy laws and alignment with PeaceHealth Code of Conduct, Mission and Values.
- Manages development, communication, implementation, and monitoring of the PeaceHealth System Compliance and Privacy Program. Supports the System Privacy Officer in response to concerns from external agencies (e.g. OCR and AG).
- Investigates, consults, and evaluates alleged HIPAA privacy, compliance and proprietary concerns from caregivers, patients and/or family members. Recommends and documents action plans based on the investigation and documents all investigations. Manages the investigation, communication, and follow-up actions.
- Communicates investigatory outcomes that resulted in breach notification to patients and OCR/HHS. Meets with stakeholders to prioritize additional concerns and determine appropriate level of review.
- Partners with network executives by providing audit results, compliance concerns, status of investigations, corrective or preventive actions underway and any recommendations for compliance program improvements. Serves as the HIPAA and compliance resource for caregivers in their assigned network and a liaison to leadership for new clinical services, programs and equipment.
- Works with legal counsel, human resources, risk management, leadership, key departments and committees to ensure that PeaceHealth maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality authorization forms, and information notices and materials reflecting PeaceHealth's legal practices and requirements.
- Facilitates teams related to system-wide approaches for privacy and compliance mitigation. Supports skills and competency development in privacy and compliance, by designing training curriculum, developing program content and providing education to leadership teams, supervisors and caregivers.
- Develops, revises, coordinates, communicates, and assists with the implementation of Organizational Integrity related policies and procedures; assesses compliance and privacy performance; and communicates plans and expectations to appropriate leadership.
- Performs initial and annual privacy risk assessments and conducts related ongoing compliance monitoring activities. Analyzes data trends and reports findings related to privacy and compliance. Provides leadership with progress reports and data related to privacy.
- Reports and investigates perceived misconduct, including actual or potential violations of laws, regulations, policies, procedures, or PeaceHealth's Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years healthcare operations experience including auditing, monitoring, investigating and/or compliance/privacy required.
- Working knowledge and experience with HIPAA
Certification in one of the following:
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC),
- Certification in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).
Must obtain one of these three certifications within 24 months from hire date if not obtained at time of hire.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Proficient in adapting to changing situations and efficiently alternating focus between tasks.
- Ability to think and work effectively under pressure and accurately prioritize and complete tasks within established timeframes.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Advanced knowledge of state and federal laws, including but not limited to: OCR/HHS, OIG and state regulations regarding privacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse functional specialties, backgrounds and levels, responding to their needs and collaborating effectively towards solutions. The ability to form positive, professional relationships with leadership, providers and caregivers.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and skills, good judgment, and a cost-effective approach to work management.
- Strong communication, team building, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, including creative writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail with strong organizational capabilities
- Experience using a variety of software and information technologies (i.e., MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Requires travel to hospitals and PHMG clinics within the network.
- May require travel to other networks or the system office.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
To learn more please visit: jobs.peacehealth.org. Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran, qualified individual with a disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Nearest Major Market: Bellingham
Nearest Secondary Market: Everett
Job Segment: Medical, Social Media, Fundraising, Compliance, Risk Management, Healthcare, Marketing, Nonprofit, Legal, Finance