Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
On-Call Group Life Counselor position available for our residential program in Bellingham Visions. This inpatient rehabilitation center is designed to provide culturally sensitive chemical dependency services to adolescent females who are at high-risk and require constant care and empathy to help in dealing with their Substance use disorder.
This is an entry level position that is part of the multi-disciplinary treatment team providing direct services to patients in a residential setting. Direct services may include the following: group, care, intake procedures and evaluation, individual and group counseling, milieu management, and supervision of patients. Services are provided to high-risk, co-occurring substance use and mental health.
Education and/or Experience:
- AA in Psychology, Sociology, Human Services or related field is required.
- Candidate must have at least one-year experience working with high-risk or in treatment patient care.
- BA preferred. Will be required to follow other instructions/duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization, and willingness to contribute to the group and team overall.
- Proficiency in MS Office products and other medical software and electronic processes is a plus.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred but not required.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Leslie Blake, Program Manager at LeslieBlake@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 10/03/2019
External candidates may apply after 10/08/2019
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).