Under general direction, identify and support the financial and investment needs of existing and potential customers through the sale of appropriate financial and investment products. Provide high quality customer service information and support in a timely and effective manner ensuring compliance with Association policies and procedures and industry regulations. Attend ongoing sales and product training and support Branch management staff in the development and presentation of sales information and related training at branch staff meetings. Consistently meet established production goals.
Customer Sales and Service
- Consistently meet or exceed established sales goals by identifying and providing comprehensive financial strategies for new and existing customer's financial needs through profiling and analyzing investment products which best serve their specific circumstances.
- Identify and qualify sales leads generated from a variety of sources, including networking, referrals, prospecting lists, marketing, cold calling and community involvement.
- Establish rapport and professional relationships with customers using effective listening/communication skills in order identify their financial or investment needs, and to establish ongoing effective client relationships.
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests in a timely manner; refer to appropriate internal resources for resolution as needed. Answer telephone calls and reply to e-mail inquiries promptly.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills by promptly recognizing and greeting customers and other visitors who enter the branch, calling them by name whenever possible.
- Uncover sales opportunities by asking questions to identify financial needs and recommend products and services. Make referrals to partner departments.
- Regularly track sales activities and provide sales activity reports on a weekly basis, which may include written and verbal reports for individual results.
- Attend ongoing sales and product training.
- Establish and maintain effective rapport with other internal/external customers.
- Support Branch management staff in the development and presentation of sales information and related training at branch staff meetings.
- Keep manager informed of potential new customers, business development activities, customer concerns, etc.
- Negotiate and resolve conflicts; communicate problems, suggestions, or solutions to manager when needed.
- Contribute to teamwork by taking the initiative to assist and train co-workers, actively participating in staff meetings, conduct training for Branch employees, and being pro-active in problem resolution.
Ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) regulations and other regulations pertinent to this position. Participate in annual BSA training and demonstrate proficiency in identifying suspicious activity and in the completion of Currency Transaction Reports (CTR) in accordance with BSA regulations and internal policies and procedures.
Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Formal training equivalent to a two-year college degree, which could include three (3) years of directly related experience. Must possess and maintain current life insurance license, FINRA series 7 and 65, and variable annuity license.
Typically requires one to two years of relevant business experience, including two years of sales experience. Experience with managed money/wealth management a plus. Retail banking experience strongly preferred.
Incumbents must possess demonstrated interpersonal skills and “Customer First“ communication style and focus, along with the ability to demonstrate and maintain a professional, outgoing, and pleasant demeanor at all times.
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset, attitude and work ethic.
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of Association policies, procedures, documentation and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements governing investment products and services
- Demonstrated and successful sales skills with strong presentation and customer service capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate investment concepts
- Incumbent must be self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills and comfort in dealing with customers in a sales and service environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet established goals through effective time management that allows handling of multiple transactions throughout the workday.
- Proficiency with PC applications including MS Office Suite.
Number and Titles of All Positions Supervised:
Personal computer and associated software applications, printers, copy machines, fax machines, calculator
The essential functions of this position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds. Boxes and supplies may be lifted on and off counters, tables, desks, and shelves up to a height of 6 feet. The work requires the ability to operate office machines and equipment, such as personal computers, printers, copying machines, fax machines, calculators, and telephones. The work requires the ability to communicate clearly with customers, coworkers, and others in person and on telephones. Work activities involve combinations of sitting/standing for extended periods, lifting, and carrying.
The emphasis on the communication process, computer skills, and travel to other facilities throughout the Association's service area indicate that the responsibilities could not be performed by people with severe restrictions in sight, hearing, speech or physical mobility.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.