At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of the Washington Water Client Development Leader you’ll feel confident knowing you have the power to tap into all different types of professionals focused on managing all aspects of Earth’s ultimate resource – water. Since you’re a focused, goal-minded individual and a natural connector of people, you’ll find yourself constantly developing unique strategies and identifying team synergies concentrated on solving the most complex challenges facing our clients.
You’re a polished professional with impeccable listening skills and an ability to maintain laser focus. As a leader within our program, you will be on point to build strong relations with some of HDR’s most unique clients in the water planning and design industry. You’ll get to know their mission, vision, culture and goals with the objective of leveraging our professionals to solve the challenges they’re faced with.
Working closely with the Washington Water Business Group Manager and Regional Client Development Leaders, this position is responsible for identifying, developing and directing clients’ business opportunities across our four market sectors including Drinking Water, Wastewater, Federal Water, and Water Resource Management in the state of Washington. Duties include: maintaining and expanding existing client relationships; identifying, establishing and nurturing relationships with new target clients; developing market networks; forecasting, and positioning the firm for project pursuits that result in client selection and award.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- In partnership with program and operations leadership, develop and implement an annual Path-to-Goal plan including strategies and tactics to achieve financial net fees booked goals.
- Analyze and qualify potential clients that align with professional and financial value to the firm.
- Identify contact and assist in building relationships with key decision makers of targeted clients.
- Partner with Market Sector Leaders, Area Managers, Project Managers, and other leaders within the firm in the pursuit of new opportunities.
- Coordinate activities with other Business Developers, Market Sector Leaders, and project teams to leverage relationships and project experiences for building the program.
- Work directly with marketing services in the preparation of collateral materials such as qualifications, proposals, interview presentations, specialty brochures, and other marketing information promoting the program.
- Working in collaboration with pursuit teams to develop and implement successful proposal and interview strategies resulting in shortlisting and selection.
- Participate in industry conferences, seminars, professional associations, and other external organizations to develop business contacts, promote HDR and engage potential clients and partner firms.
- Maintain client relationships and support project delivery by serving as Project Principal or Project Manager for key clients.
- Monitor client satisfaction and leverage successes for other project opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a professional, engineering, or related field.
- 10 years of experience in the water consulting industry.
- Proven business development success in the water consulting industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Existing network of local clients is beneficial.
- Experienced in the development and management of diverse teams.
- Willingness to travel including overnight trips.
- Commitment to HDR’s core values of quality work and continuous improvement.
- Commitment in being an active participant in HDR’s employee-owned culture.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.