UX Designer, Transportation Technology (Bellevue, Minneapolis, or Santa Monica)
The Transportation & Recipient Experience Design Studio (TRX) is a multidisciplinary team in Amazon Operations. Teams of designers, design technologists, writers, researchers, and producers work collaboratively in our studios to create next generation transportation experiences.
We are seeking a passionate User Experience Designer to join our team. You will be transforming how customers track and manage their deliveries through Amazon’s ever-expanding shipping capabilities. You will have a significant opportunity to establish our product vision and impact customer experience. It will be a fast-paced but data-driven environment, informed by research and testing, and will have a significant impact across a variety of businesses within Amazon.
Note on Location: We are open to this role being located in Bellevue, WA; Minneapolis, MN; or Santa Monica, CA.
Key job responsibilities
· Plan and propose innovative solutions for a wide variety of product design challenges including, but not limited to: mobile, desktop, hardware interfaces, physical environments, and person-to-person interactions.
· Lead the design for wholly new experiences and improvements of existing experiences while planning and defining strategy for the direction of future iterations.
· Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
· Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context the inputs that influenced the design decisions including business and user goals, demographic and usage data, and research findings.
· Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
· Deliver work that's not only user-friendly, aesthetically engaging, but which also produces results.
· Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
· Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics.
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications.
· Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback.
· Contribute to the group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies.
A day in the life
As the UX Designer, you will work with your team to gather insights about customers, and apply your expert information architecture and interaction design skills to the needs and problems you uncover. You will work through numerous ideas, dreaming big and moving fast. You will work collaboratively with designers, design technologists, researchers, product managers, developers, and executives--leading design throughout the planning and development lifecycle for a multitude of platforms.
About the team
Our designers are often as concerned with operational processes and physical interaction as we are digital interfaces. This is one of the key differentiators for TRX within Amazon. Our designers collaborate with product managers, developers, researchers, and executives to invent world-class multi-modal products.
· An available online portfolio
· 3+ years of design experience
· 3+ years of design experience
· A available online portfolio
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 4+ years equivalent professional experience.
· Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, Hype, Axure, and Keynote.
· Experience designing and shipping products for mobile and desktop.
· MS in Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology.
· Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
· Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment.
· Ability to work in a startup environment.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.