System Admin / Engineer II - (Bellevue WA / Bay Area), AWS WorkSpaces
WorkSpaces is leading the cloud desktop revolution and we are looking for systems engineers who knows how to design and maintain high scale web services.
You can find out more about WorkSpaces here: http://aws.amazon.com/workspaces/
We care deeply about the user experience our customers have when they interact with their WorkSpace. This includes how long it takes to launch, how long it takes to log in, and how the in-session interaction feels. We must provide a secure and highly available WorkSpace to meet expectations. The right candidate for this role will be motivated by building the solution and tools to handle these challenges at cloud scale.
System Engineers at Amazon are the backbone of our services. They work on large scale system design and help in our operational decision making. They are both hands on implementers and architects, providing guidance across the organization. They have a strong sense of ownership of the overall health and effectiveness of our services.
The baseline individual for this role will be entirely comfortable with running a web service and understand how to architect large scale solutions, top to bottom. Experience with EC2 and other AWS products, Windows system management, automated quality assurance, automated build process, and software unit testing are major pluses. Significant experience in building and shipping software products or web services in a timely manner is a requirement.
Your responsibilities include
· Working with business team to understand customer issues and will investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solution
· Operate the Amazon WorkSpaces control plane and data plane to ensure availability and performance for our customers
· Develop scripts for automation of all aspects of systems rollouts
· Troubleshoot, identify, and solve performance issues in the WorkSpaces service
· Roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty and do what it takes to deliver results
WorkSpaces is changing the way that people use computers - come help us make history!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· At least 5 years of industry experience managing large scale software application products.
· At least 5 years of Windows knowledge and an understanding of deploying and operating large scale web services on Windows.
· At least 5 years of systems debugging skills and operational response skills
· At least 5 years of shell scripting using PowerShell
· At least 5 years of Windows desktop and related technologies including networking, identity and storage
· Ability to dive deep to understand all layers of a web services technology stack
· Experience with Linux
· Windows OS Debugging skills
· Desktop Application Management
· Experience with network captures and network troubleshooting
· Experience building and running cloud based services or hosting
· Experience in the virtual desktop market
· Experience in handling hibernate / resume related issues
· Good understanding of Microsoft Active Directory & Group Policies
· Experience with AWS Technologies
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit **
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.