Software Development Manager, Last Mile Delivery
*Hiring in Bellevue, WA, Austin, TX,
Come help Amazon create and deploy cutting edge new technologies to deliver packages to the customer's door step! As a Software Development Manager in the Last Mile Technology team, you will be instrumental in helping us create innovative ways to take packages from our fulfillment centers and get them quickly and cost-effectively to the customer. The Last Mile Technology team supports multiple businesses globally, creating the technology that supports deliveries for businesses such as Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Restaurants, Amazon Lockers, and other current and new initiatives.
If leading a high-performance team to innovate is your forte, this is the place for you! Our team is seeking an SDM to manage the Delivery pizza team in Last Mile. The successful candidate is expected to be a hands-on technical manager who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the software development and deployment life-cycle including: design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. We're looking for people who are smart and can get things done.
About the team
Amazon’s Last Mile delivery efforts help get customer packages from delivery stations to a customer’s doorstep. Amazon has grown its last
mile delivery efforts helping to speed up customer delivery times and provide new innovations to customers. Working on the front lines of our Last Mile tech team means that daily, you have a tangible impact on an Amazon customer’s experience getting his or her package. Amazon’s Last Mile teams deliver packages (and groceries, Prime Now, third party, and Restaurant orders) to homes, businesses, Amazon Lockers, and even cars all over the world! This network is powered by hundreds of small businesses and tens of thousands of drivers that leverage Amazon's technology to deliver millions of smiles to customers each day. The technology innovations that are developed by the Last Mile tech team help scale this exponentially growing part of our network and include a wide breath of solutions from ML and operations research based routing and planning algorithms, our own in-house maps and navigation platform, IoT and hardware innovations, doorstep delivery experience, and the consumer grade native mobile apps that brings all these experiences together.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in organizing projects and delivering quality releases on schedule
- Experience in building and leading development of complex software systems
- Good judge of top software engineering talent, and ability to grow their careers
- Technical fluency; comfort discussing or diving deep on technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Comfortable presenting to an executive audience and commanding large, diverse cross-functional teams in a composed, poised and professional demeanor
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Smart about choosing between fast and right
- Ability to work well with clients and juggle competing demands
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.