SDE II - Supply Chain Optimization Technologies
The FBA Inventory Replenishment Optimization (FIRO) team within Amazon Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) has the mission to educate and influence 3rd party (FBA) sellers’ inventory restock decisions to maintain optimal inventory levels in Amazon’s FCs. To achieve this mission our team provides restock recommendations and builds mechanisms to prevent excess inventory shipments when our FCs are capacity constrained. Our systems are built entirely in-house, and are on the cutting edge for automating large-scale business, inventory and supply chain planning and optimization. We are on the forefront of supply chain thought leadership and work with some of the best research scientists and software developers in the industry.
This role might be for you if…
·You architect systems involving heterogenous and large scale data processing components like Big data jobs and Machine learning/economic and optimization models, workflow orchestration and dependency management.
.You have designed, refactored, re-architected, deprecated and/or implemented large-scale cloud-based distributed services with millisecond latency and ultra-high transactional volumes.
· You use object-oriented design concepts to program large multi-tier systems. You have working knowledge of common and useful design patterns.
· You have experience implementing best practices in improving team coding culture subjected related to quality and/or security.
Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical audiences.
In this job, you will…
· Experiment with whatever technology we need to get the job done.
· Use Lean Software Development concepts such as Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
· Use Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment.
· Work with Senior and Principal Engineers, Researchers, and Data Engineers across multiple teams to design a new platform for optimizing supply chain management
· Expand and optimize our world-class supply chain systems to support a variety of emerging business initiatives.
· Automate third party supply management systems and break new ground to drive inventory across Amazon marketplaces.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
· 3+ years’ full-time experience in software design and development.
· 2+ years’ experience as a lead developer on at least one project.
· 2+ years’ experience mentoring and coaching others.
· Experience with distributed systems, relational databases, big-data and map-reduce solutions
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical audiences.