Software Development Engineer II, Alexa Cloud Secure Solutions
The mission of Alexa Customer Promise Data Protection team is to safeguard Alexa customers by developing world class, innovative solutions for the biggest security challenges. These challenges span the capabilities Alexa supports from communications to smart home to shopping to integration with financial institutions. They also include the core Alexa functionality (e.g., machine learning). We are passionate problem solvers with deep security expertise. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will partner with world-class technical leaders, security experts, developers, business teams, scientists and data analysts across the organization, spanning a wide range of disciplines.
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer to help build solutions to security challenges. You will be responsible for designing and developing products and services that safeguard customers and their data. You will partner closely with security engineers to push the boundaries of innovation. A successful candidate will also have experience delivering results in a fast-paced environment. An ideal candidate will have an established background in developing solutions that require security expertise (such as access control, intrusion detection, and data encryption).
What you'll be doing
- Software development (Primarily in C++ , Java and Python).
- As a member of the team, you'll contribute to the architectural vision for a world-class, and massively scaled ML compute platform.
- As an Amazon leader, owning the product areas that you are passionate about and solves major customer pain, becoming the advocate and driving the product and technology development and expansion within our ecosystem.
- Growing and mentoring software engineers. Working with them to identify great projects and features that will help them grow in their careers.
- Contributing with technical guidance on software design, architecture, patterns and practices.
- Helping your team self-organize and create software development processes and practices that will work best for you and your teammates.
- Building relationships with your customers, partner teams and the engineers on your team.
- Utilizing AWS Compute, Networking, Security, Storage, and Database services such as CloudFormation, EC2, S3, EBS, Lambda, AutoScaling, and DynamoDB, and many more on a daily basis.
Your background - You have a number of years of experience delivering high-quality, distributed and scalable software.
- You believe there are generally multiple ways to solve a technical problem, each with different trade-offs. You don't typically think in terms of the “right“ or “wrong“ way to do something.
- You approach projects, tasks, and unknowns with curiosity, and enjoy sharing what you know and what you learn with the people around you.
- You believe that a team is strongest when it is diverse and includes multiple perspectives.
- You are an avid advocate for the customer. You frequently immerse yourself in the customer experience to understand how you can better serve them.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong background in mathematics and understanding of basic linear algebra and probability
- Familiarity with Machine Learning, especially deep neural networks
- Familiarity with one or more Machine Learning frameworks/libraries (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet)
- Familiarity with distributed systems, parallel programming, GPU programming (MPI, NCCL, CUDA)
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.