Software Development Engineer II
You will be creating Alexa experiences that will directly impact how customers discover and interact with new Alexa features.
A day in the life
You will participate in all aspects of software development process from planning to execution to running operations.
About the hiring group
You will be working in a dynamic team environment of Software Development Engineers and will own end to end delivery of software using cutting edge technologies.
Come join the team behind Alexa, building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. You can help us invent the future. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, driving the system architecture, and spearheading best practices to enable a superior product.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, applications that customers love. As a member of the team you will help with design, implementation and launch of many key product features. You will have influence on defining product features, drive operational excellence, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in fast paced environment where learning new concepts quickly is a must.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· B.S./E. (or higher) degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
· 5+ years software development related experience.
· Experience in object oriented designing and object oriented languages such as Java
· Experience developing/running customer facing, cloud software systems that emphasize on scalability, performance and reliability.
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical partners
· Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
· Experience with speech and language understanding systems
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.