Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Electric Operations team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Service Lineman II position!
- Install and repair services, secondaries and primaries; install, remove and read meters; refuse and troubleshoot transformers and replace line and transformer fuses; patrol lines; operate line sectionalizing switches and unattended substations.
- Take load and voltage readings on transformers, circuits, and respond to “out of service“ calls, and restore service. Locate and clear trouble in distribution system and report conditions requiring work of line crews; take switching orders for line clearances.
- Secure service applications and collect delinquent accounts. Perform similar and incidental duties as required.
- Applicant must be a qualified journeyman lineman. Must know the fundamentals of electricity required in metering, service, line construction, maintenance work and have ability to use tools including necessary computer skills and equipment of the trade.
- Must know materials used in line and service construction, maintenance, metering work.
- Must be knowledgeable and comply with all Company standards, policies, practices and procedures and State and Federal safety regulations as they pertain to the job.
- Must have or obtain a valid First Aid and CPR card. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with Company personnel, Service Providers, Contractors, other utilities, State and Federal agencies and the public.
- Must be readily available to respond to outages and emergencies. Must reside within service territory as defined by headquarters bid or within thirty (30) minutes of the headquarters and have a telephone.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- This position requires the applicant to have and maintain a current Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A.
- New hires and employees awarded bid positions as Service Lineman who do not have at least twelve (12) months of previous PSE Service Lineman/Lineman experience shall be designated as Service Lineman I for the first twelve (12) months of employment as a Service Lineman commencing on the date of hire or bid award.
- Advancement to Service Lineman II shall be automatic after the satisfactory completion of twelve (12) months (commencing on the date of hire or bid award) as a Service Lineman I within PSE.
- Re-hires and employees being awarded bid positions as Service Lineman who have at least twelve (12) months of previous PSE Service Lineman/Lineman experience on record shall be designated as Service Lineman II.
The duties and responsibilities are performed in an outdoor environment. The position involves sitting, standing, walking, moderate to heavy lifting, moderate carrying, bending, reaching, kneeling, twisting, balancing and climbing, and operation of equipment and machinery.
Performance of the position requires working in a varied outdoor environment such as all weather conditions, noise levels, hazardous conditions and on the full range of outdoor work surfaces. The use of protective clothing and/or personal protective devices is required.
Requires driving of Company vehicles and equipment.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Res